1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What happens when i reach my 1gb data limit?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by juan12456, Feb 1, 2012.

1. juan12456

juan12456 Member

Youtube seems to be the only thing that is using my data ( i'm on the $50 plan). So if i reach my 1gb limit, will i be charged extra or will my speeds go down to 3g until the next billing cycle?

This is kind of confusing because the limit is not on web browsing, its only for streaming data. so idk if youtube will simply not work and regular browsing will remain at 4g.

Advertisement

2. twistedriku

twistedriku Android Enthusiast

From what I got back when I asked the same question to a metro employee, you just won't be able to view videos and download stuff and etc if you're on 4g and hit the limit. However you'll still be able to browse on 4g speeds.

gbiggie and juan12456 like this.
  3. juan12456

juan12456 Member

this is awesome, i was just worried i was going to be charged extra.... youtube here i come!

4. redhook

redhook Android Expert

You just get cutoff from media services (Netflix, Youtube, Pandora, Etc.).

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  5. manesag

manesag Well-Known Member

YouTube isn't an app that cuts you off I asked the lady and that's what she said (pun intended)

6. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Android Enthusiast

Also -- to my understanding -- they offer you the chance to upgrade to the $60 unlimited plan, if you wish.

7. redhook

redhook Android Expert

Yep, you'll get a text.

8. LalaBoom

LalaBoom Lurker

So does downloading and using apps use up data as well?

9. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

None that will counts against you.

10. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

mainly what eats up data is netflix, pandora, but to save the data while your at home just use your ps3 or you 360.

11. twistedriku

So downloading doesn't count on the streaming? That seems weird to me....

12. Memo35

Memo35 Well-Known Member

What if i'm using wifi? will it still count against the 1GB?

13. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

In the past week I've downloaded GSE over 4G , Gingerfusion, Aplus' RedFlag theme, KaneOfMars' ICS theme, and both Idrifta's ROMs, the system pull I did on my C updated phone off mediafire which is like 300+mb all over 4g and the little tracker thing on metros site hasn't changed off 0% Granted I am on the 60 plan so they might not even be keeping track of it.

No over WiFi won't count against you. When you enable WiFi it disables you 4g data connection.

14. twistedriku

well, I guess I will have to test it myself. Cuz if so, then metro better prepare their servers for my massive download surge about occur. :p

15. Heavyweightgd6

Heavyweightgd6 Android Enthusiast

ALSO I've realized tethering moves up the meter quite a bit. I was playing xbox live for like half a day and my meter didnt move all that much... but it did move.

16. awhite91

awhite91 Well-Known Member

Hmm Metro sadly seems to be on the ball with my tracking. Only had the phone activated for two days and already at 15 percent (~150 MB) and all I've done is download a few Market apps, files from Dolphin, and watch some Youtube in-browser. I suppose I shall go back to my home WiFi at home instead of using the 4G I didn't even know I had till I got the phone.

17. Memo35

Memo35 Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but i believe only streaming counts against your 1GB. So only watching vids or listening too Pandora will count against your limit.
    I'm sure somebody more knowledgeable will chime in.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews