1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What hardware revision is your Captivate?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mechromancer, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Mechromancer

Mechromancer Newbie

My Captivate says REV0.4 underneath the battery below the serial number. I have some GPS issues still in the form of slow GPS lock and can't lock in a building or in a car. Are there newer hardware revisions that have actual hardware fixes for problems like the GPS?

Thanks in advance for the information!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Member

I am not sure if that is the label for hardware version but in any case, mine is the same as your REV0.4

GPS sucked when it was 2.1. I am running the leaked 2.2 and it works better but not fixed.

3. Dr.McNinja

Dr.McNinja Lurker

Nope, that's not it. Mine is rev0.4 and my gps worked in 2.1 and 2.2.

4. Jofaba

Jofaba Android Enthusiast

When I talked to executive tech support he assured me that there were no alternative hardware revisions on the market.

5. northernale1

northernale1 Android Enthusiast

new rogers captivate,, no rev number listed !!!????

6. Mechromancer

Mechromancer Newbie

This is good info. I wonder why some Captivate owners claim to have flawless GPS units then. In fact, the entire range of Galaxy S phones from all carriers has this pesky issue, yet some come out fine. I've come to the point where I'm about to start pestering AT&T until they give me a new one...

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews