1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General What has ATT / Samsung done to my S3?? TERRIBLE NOW

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BacktoSmartPho, Jun 28, 2014.

1. BacktoSmartPho

Since the "upgrade" about 4-5 weeks ago to the new Android OS (which was done over network, oops, huge chunk of data gone)...

...my S3 has STUNK.

Here are the problems:
    1.) Lag everywhere- especially any time I need to bring up the keyboard (swiftkey). Huge delays when composing a text message and bringing up the keyboard

2.) lag on the internet (Chrome)- big delays browsing pages that used to be very fast before, noticed when scrolling, changing tabs, you name it

3.) the LOCK SCREEN- forget the clock is in a weird spot now.... 9/10 times when I go to the lock screen, my notification bar (!?) is halfway pulled down already? So I need to swipe once to get it back in it's place, and then swipe AGAIN to open the phone.... never mind the fact that now if I swipe over the CLOCK, it beings me to some lock screen editing page, and doesnt unlock the phone... WHO THE HELL TESTED THIS AND APPROVED IT?

so frustrated...all these little nags are building up and the phone just feels slow, and old now. I wish there was a way I could go back to the old 'droid system, legitimately.

Advertisement

2. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

This is not what you want to hear, but it is recommended with any major/minor OS update to do a factory reset to clear old files that are still left from the old OS. Like a clean install on a PC as opposed to a upgrade. I was having problems with mine till the Factory Reset.
    Go to Settings/Back up and reset, then choose Factory data reset.

3. BacktoSmartPho

Thanks I'll give it a shot

4. Hogan773

Hogan773 Android Enthusiast

I was lucky and my update seems to have taken just fine without the need for a factory reset. But yes, if you are having problems then do a FDR. It's not the KitKat that is the problem - what you are describing isn't normal

5. If you're talking about what I think you are...Lock screen widgets. This is not a new feature at all.