• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what has the latest update done (2.10.405.2)

It's completely wrecked my Facebook.

I now can't login, it errors with either (on the app) a login failure or it refuses to update once logged in = 'An error occured while fetching data [null], or via the web it states you're attempting to login with a restriced ip and refuses access.

Tried clearing the cache, deleting the data, restarting the phone / app etc etc .

Have you sorted this out yet? I have the same problem and can't update the newsfeed at all

Upvote 0
The HTC Weather app seems to have been borked by the update on my phone. It doesn't use my correct location anymore, in any case - and on the clock widget just displays 'Current Location' instead of the city name, and with some random weather. Manually adding the city to the list produces accurate data, and other apps don't have a prob finding my location.

Upvote 0
Now when I unlock my screen there's cloud passing over the home screen. I never had this before. Is this related to the weather and will change as the weather forecast does or it is just an effect?

Yes, it's a weather animation. When it's cloudy, you see the clouds, when it's raining there are raindrops and a little windshield wiper. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what any of the others look like, because those are the only two weather types I've experienced since I got the phone. :mad:Stupid Calary weather.:mad:

Upvote 0
Yes, it's a weather animation. When it's cloudy, you see the clouds, when it's raining there are raindrops and a little windshield wiper. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what any of the others look like, because those are the only two weather types I've experienced since I got the phone. :mad:Stupid Calary weather.:mad:

LOL

Although there is a preview available if you really want to see them.

Reactions: tricksy_rabbit
Upvote 0
In the weather app there is a preview function that shows you all the different animations.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones