1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root What have I missed?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by majorpay, Aug 28, 2010.

1. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    So I am running an older version IC3ROM (4+ months old). When I left, Froyo was a buzz word, and leak rooting was a dream rumored to never happen. Is it time to upgrade to something new? I can't really complain about IC3ROM, as with Launcher Pro, it has been great. I don't particularly like the idea of starting over, but if there's something out there worth it, I'd give it a go.

Opinions?

I don't really care about Verizon's interface as I always replace it with launcher pro, but performance and stability is #1 concern.

Advertisement

2. ppbb

ppbb Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Cyanogen Tazz v 1.0 is fast, stable. It's a great froyo rom that just works.

majorpay likes this.
  3. majorpay

Apr 24, 2010
    Easy to install? Any bugs or anything not working?

4. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Android Enthusiast

Dec 8, 2009
    Iowa
    Nonsensikal is a great Froyo rom with different themes (blue and black). Only issue I am having is getting the LED to do what I want it to.

5. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Android Expert

Dec 29, 2009
    California
    I'm using the black version of Nonsensikal it's great! As to the LED, it will only work for charging, everything else notifies through the trackball.

6. majorpay

Apr 24, 2010
    I went for this, and I think I like it... Had an issue with the camera, but oddly enough, uninstalling the camera app fixed it (how does that work?) I love the new presentation of the status bar... Good stuff.

The idea of making Launcher Pro the stock home screen is great, and Froyo's number 1 advantage is definitely having your applications reinstall automatically between mods.