1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root What have I missed???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flyjbaker, Feb 15, 2011.

1. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Android Expert
    None

Oct 17, 2009
    Howdy, just haven't been on here in a while. I see we are still on RLS 5 for Myn....4.5 for Mik....Azrael has a new one out I see as well. Is that where we are ref the Sense ROMs???

On another note, had some AV guys doing some work for me ref home theater. And they were awesomely professional and did great work if you need anyone for this in the Houston area(Tha Media Room). Anyway, it was a father son team and I noticed they had EVOs. I asked if they were rooted and they said NO. So I offered and had them both hooked up in about 20 minutes total. I haven't rooted a phone in awhile and was nervous and hope and prayed I didn't get hung up anywhere...and I didn't....absolutely smooth as silk.

Funny thing is when I got to the second phone right after the first, I plugged it in and the drivers installed automatically!!!!....SWEET. That is the hardest part. Then I just ran Unrevoked and BAM....rooted. The second phone took me about 5 minutes to root!!!!!...if that. I will say that everytime the phone cycled thru a reboot during the root process, the drivers would automatically reinstall again which had me worried....thinking it would jack with the rooting process....it didn't. S-off on both phones!!!

Anyway, they were stoked!!!! And I was stoked that I could help them.

Advertisement

Matlock likes this.
  2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Male
    East Tawas, MI
    Awesome! Welcome back!

flyjbaker likes this.
  3. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Android Expert
    None

Oct 17, 2009
    Thanks...just been busy and stuff. I sure find ways to waste time....that is for sure!!!!

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    flyjbaker likes this.
  5. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    After just recently rooted and pretty much tried everything out there, sense wise, I have determined I like Culkulin's v1.8, found here Running great and fast:) Hope this helps:)

flyjbaker likes this.
  6. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Android Expert
    None

Oct 17, 2009
    Thanks Covert. I guess the very bottom line was that they know where I live!!!....hahaha. But, yes, I liked these dudes right off the bat. They were very knowledgeable and professional and I guess maybe the feeling was mutual. I told them I was gonna wipe their phone.....they had no problem with that. Anyway, I was happy to be able to do it as quickly and as trouble free as I did it. They were over halfway through an hour job and I was racing against the clock.

Anyway, might give that King's a try. Mik 4.4 has been my daily driver for about a month now. No complaints really!!!

Tags: