• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What HTC devices have you owned?

I was on at&t and started out with blackberries. Then I got ticked because AT&T was still 2G where I live and so last year May, I switched to Cellular south and got the hero. Like it but I had a horrible time typing so I switch to their bb curve 8530. Trouble was, I really, really liked the touch screen but just didn't think I'd ever learn to type. I finally caved and went back to the Hero. Had to pay full price. Yikes! I learned to type, like HTC's sense overlay. Only problem was everytime I left Mississippi, it roamed. Didn't cost extra but it would drain the battery in less than 4 hours.
So I sucked up the early termination fee and went back to AT&T (only 2 choices where I live, cellular south or AT&T) I tried the bb torch at first figuring that would be the best of both worlds. Only problem was by that point in time, I love how you can customize android. I couldn't figure out the purpose of having a whole screen devoted to downloads and what's the difference between favorites and most used. For the most part your most used apps are going to be your favorites so why have two screens. And for that matter why can't I make each screen the way I want.
I went back and got the HTC Inspire and I absolutely love it. It has a bigger screen than the hero and so typing is much easier. Love the customization. BB does do email and organization better but Android is catching up with that.

Upvote 0
I had the Incredible and sold it when got iPhone and kept my DX because of screen size. Bad mistake cause loved the Incredible. I carry 2 phones and now have 2 Thunderbolts and bought my wife an Incredible 2 and she loves it more than any other phone she has had. Sold DX and iPhone. Only good thing about iPhone is I made money on the sale. Don't know why some people are talking negatively about the Thunderbolt because I love it. Talked a guy that works for me out of his Blackberry into a Thunderbolt just today as matter of fact. Love HTC. By the way I despise Apple for there stupid lawsuits and patent infringements. Won't buy another product of their's just for that alone.

HTC Incredible here. I didn't think much of HTC till I got this. Now, I probably won't go for anything but HTC. I absolutely LOVE Sense, even after trying AOSP.

Also got my DInc first day it came out. So in about 14 months or so (hopefully not sooner), when I possibly have a career job ready, I'll get my own Verizon account with an HTC phone again (on my mom's account now).

I had the Dinc and got it the day it first came out. Later sold it and had regrets. Now have 2 Thunderbolts and got my wife the Dinc 2 and love my Tbolts but if her phone was 4g I would get one in a heartbeat. She loves it more than anything she has ever had. Can't go wrong with either.

And it truly is Incredible:D:D

Had the first one and loved it. Wife has the Incredible 2 and it is a great phone. If that is what you are getting you will love it.

My husband has a Verizon Wireless smart phone from HTC XV6900. He's had it for years and isn't looking to change it out in the near future. He was so happy with HTC that I started looking into one of the HTC devices. Ended up with the Incredible- which is my first HTC device.

Had Droid 1, Droid 2, 3 DXs, Dinc 1 and wife has Dinc 2 and I have 2 Thunderbolts. HTC is the best.

Upvote 0
I only got into smartphones last year. I got the original Incredible on launch day (still have it), the Thunderbolt on launch day (had quite a few issues and Verizon let me switch to another phone), & currently use the Incredible 2.

I almost went with the OG Droid, but when I saw the leaks on the Incredible that was it. IMHO, HTC makes the best designed phones. They have good horsepower (enough for me anyway) and the best Android skin.

The only downside would be battery life. While that is true of most any Android phone, HTC's seem to be a little lower than the rest. However, the Inc2 to me is a game changer in that respect. With regular use I get around 2 days out of it, with heavy I get at least a day. And they didn't sacrifice the horsepower to do it.

Short of another manufacturer making a unicorn (perfect) phone, as long as HTC is making androids, they'll be at the top of my list when upgrading.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones