• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What I have learned about having a Captivate.

I like the phone, but if you get one early you have to go to Samsung Vibrant support to get an owner's manual for now. AT&T version is not on line yet, because it hasn't offically been released I guess.
Here the Vibrant PDF:
Support for Samsung Vibrant? (SGH-t959) SAMSUNG

There is a lot of things that can be adjust and customized. Still learning.

The program from Samsung "Kies" is not on Vibrant support (you need this to interface thru USB with a PC) yet. You can download off of Europe or Asian websites, but I am going to wait for the North American version to get up. The newest update of "Kies" program is July 2 and a few people have said the earlier versions were buggy. i have not heard about the July 2 version yet.

You can get Kies Program here:
http://www.samsungmobile.co.uk/support/softwaremanuals/software.do?phone_model=GT-I9000

I really don't know much more right now, but I will give futher update as I find out how dumb I am! The phone is definately smarter than I am.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones