• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What I think is a annoying design flaw..

Having the power button opposite side of the volume up/down button.

Everytime I go to put the phone to sleep I end up putting the ringer volume down. because you press on one and you end up pressing the other one too. I like having the power button on the top like I was used to on the Xperia X10.

yeah..you get used to it tho. All Sammy phones are this way. Just like the menu and home buttons being reversed.

Upvote 0
I get annoyed by the bottom charger
I actually like the bottom charger. Its much better then the top charger location of the xperia x10 I had previous.

also I realized this is something annoying too.... the default volume of the beep tone when pressing numbers on the phone pad (when in speaker mode). Its VERY loud and abrasive. Almost sounds like its going to blow the speaker. Any way to nuetralize this? Sure you could quickly press the media volume down button but then your phone call I believe is lowered. is there a separate volume for the in call keypad?

Upvote 0
I actually like the bottom charger. Its much better then the top charger location of the xperia x10 I had previous.

also I realized this is something annoying too.... the default volume of the beep tone when pressing numbers on the phone pad (when in speaker mode). Its VERY loud and abrasive. Almost sounds like its going to blow the speaker. Any way to nuetralize this? Sure you could quickly press the media volume down button but then your phone call I believe is lowered. is there a separate volume for the in call keypad?

Its on or off

Menu.settings.call. uncheck audible touch tones

Reactions: spikeithard
Upvote 0
actually you know what. that didnt work. I have it unchecked but when on speaker phone it still beeps loudly when I press on the number pad.

Not normal at. Just tested on mine and when that is unchecked there are no tones at all. What are you accessing when it does this. It may be from the other end (automated system)

Upvote 0

I had an experia x10 before also. i prefer the top charger because the phone can sit my cupholder while being connected to both aux & charger. Now to be connected to both I've gotta lay the phone on the console, and hope it doesn't go flying when I have to short stop.

Upvote 0
I had an experia x10 before also. i prefer the top charger because the phone can sit my cupholder while being connected to both aux & charger. Now to be connected to both I've gotta lay the phone on the console, and hope it doesn't go flying when I have to short stop.

Yes. Phone is awkward in my cupholder. I wish otterbox made some sort of car mount for my defender to clip in

Upvote 0
spikeithard,

Funny, I COMPLETELY agree with you. What were they thinking? It is extremely annoying and I keep lowering the volume accidentally. I like it all the way up and all times.

Why not put the power button on the top right??

Anyways,
I was browesing here for a few issues I will post and this was actually one of them. With that said, does anyone know how to disable the volume keys completely? I don't use them at all actually, not even when using my camera app.

If someone knows, please let me know.

Thanks,
--mike

Upvote 0
I got a case for 4 bucks no shippping from asia for mine..very slim. its the cheap flimsy rubber slip on case. all the holes line up perfectly. found it on amazon or ebay or something. 4 bucks!!!

anyways speaking of design flaws, what the beep is up with the media scanner?! everytime I am in file manager and I go to delete a picture or video I can view another picture or video until the damn scanner is finished running which is about 10 seconds. Quite annoying. How come my last 2 android phones didnt have a media scanner?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones