• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what icons do you have?

I use whatever I want. Downloaded a red/black icon pack, but not every icon I had on my homescreen had an icon available, and some of the ones that did, I didn't like. But with ADW Launcher, if you long-press on an icon and then hit Edit, you can change the icon to whatever you want. So I just surf Google Images until I find something I want to use for an icon, save it to the phone, and then assign it to that icon. I don't ned no steeking icon packs, LOL!

Upvote 0
if you look in the "What does your X screen look like" thread (here), you can probably get a better idea of some great icon packs people use

my current one:
5424865525_643086a96c.jpg

also, this has been a great thread of icon pack collections:
ICON SETS | OVER *300* different Icon Packs - xda-developers

Upvote 0
hahaha, right on.

i was using launcher pro, what's the major difference between that and ADW?

seems it's kind of 50/50 on who prefers what.

I used to use Launcher Pro, but switched to ADW because I was having Force Closes multiple times a day from LP. It was something to do with the autorotate. So I switched, and I like the themes available in the Market for ADW, they make a nice base to start from, so I've just stayed with it.

Upvote 0
Using Launcher Pro and never had an issue even once with a Force Close.

However, I did disable auto rotate. I'm not a fan of that feature with icons switching around all the time. That seems to give most of the headache. Anytime I see someone with LauncherPro problems, inevitably they have auto rotate enabled.

I like autorotate, so that is a problem with LP that I couldn't deal with. I have since found that you can disable the homescreen autorotate while leaving it working on the browser (where I want to use it most often), but I'm hooked on ADW now, so I'm not going to switch back right now.

Upvote 0
i am an absolute penguin fanatic so i love these icons except since none of them have any meaning for what i would use them for, i would constantly click on the wrong thing.

Grow your own. I used the penguin icon pack you listed and an icon pack I found HERE to create this:

doit2it-albums-stuff-picture3111-tux-market.png

Use any good editing software. I use PaintShopPro, but Gimp is free. Yes there is a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, you can create stuff like this in a few minutes (longer if you're OCD and gotta get it just right, like me).

And before you ask, sorry, I won't make more. This is just an example. While I'm decent at it, it can be tedious work. I've gotta have a passion for it. My penguin passion has peeked and my probability of perpetuating the project has passed. Sorry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones