1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What is a DRM notification?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ecc444, Feb 13, 2011.

1. ecc444

ecc444 Member

just as the title says ... I frenquently get 2 email type "DRM Notificaiton" in my status bar that I have to clear ... any ideas? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Digital Rights Management.

Some users who have recently updated will see these if they've got downloaded music, etc.

You can stop the DRM service in menu > settings > applications > running services.

Unless you're rooted and remove the service, it'll restart the next time you reboot your device, but that doesn't mean you'll necessarily continue to see that notification.

gonzo143 likes this.
  3. You are attempting to access DRM (digital rights management) protected media as you will need correct authentication to view the media, if you check it carefully you will see license required notion.

4. grin0048

grin0048 Well-Known Member

I get these from time to time and always in pairs. They seem to happen randomly and with no seeming connection to actual attempts to access media.

5. atomD21

atomD21 Newbie

I got two of them today, and all I was doing was transferring some files to my PC...

6. JasonRK

JasonRK Member

Exactly the same for me I transferred 4 files. atomD21 are you stock or rooted? I'm SCv1.0, DL09 Radio.

7. MJMcMahon

MJMcMahon Well-Known Member

I started seeing these today....I heard some rumors that some of the old ringtones were DRM protected (???!?!), but haven't gotten confirmation. I'm guessing that there may be something in SC that may be causing the problem as most of those who are seeing the DRM messages appear to be on one SC variant or another.

8. nklenchik

nklenchik Android Enthusiast

Lol they got quite annoying so I froze them in TB. Haven't had a problem since doing so :D

9. MJMcMahon

what app did you freeze?

10. vluc

vluc Lurker

I used to get them, but have not since removing any apk's with drm in them. When I de-bloated my EB01, moved them, and about 60 mb to a folder on the sd card.

11. nklenchik

nklenchik Android Enthusiast

menu > filters > search for "drm" >
    Froze:

DRm Protected...
    PVWmdrm....

JayP54, JasonRK and MJMcMahon like this.
  12. MJMcMahon

done and done! Thx nklenchik!

13. bradmatic

bradmatic Guest

I get these errors and i don't keep any music, or other material on my phone/card. The only audio I stream is via the Scanner Radio App and TuneIn Radio.

14. skooternb

skooternb Member

It has to be legit downloaded music, I assume...

15. TomTcom

TomTcom Newbie

I received them as well. I'm rooted with EB01. I noticed I get them after using USB storage on my laptop or turning on EasyTether. I don't have any music on my phone but I do use Zedge. I doubt those would have anything with DRM so not really sure.