• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is a good phone?

xguy

Android Enthusiast
Oct 4, 2010
I know this is like asking about a Ford or Chevy... but I have an older HTC Inc that is now giving me trouble that I posted on Applications. I have hated the reception on this phone since I had it. It is VZW and supposed to be the best in my area. My hearing is fine and it just not clear and my wife hates to use it too. For a 3 G it is fast and I love that part. I am finally out of contract with them and want to stay that way! Lol. I do want a USED one with a 4.3 screen for my old eyes. Any suggestions out there? Also if I do a factory reset on my phone, will I lose all my preinstalled apps and my pictures?
Thanks in advance! :)

Ultimately, a good phone is one provides the performance you expect at a price you are comfortable with.

Personally right now I would probably concentrate looking at the Galaxy S3, the HTC OneX, or the Galaxy Note II. That isn't to say that a lot of other phones are not good phones, just that those are really the top dogs if you want to narrow your list. This isn't even considering the previous generation phones many which are still very good phones.

The best advice I can give you is locate a phone your interested in buying and then research it for the features that you are interested in.

As to the factory reset, yes you will have to reinstall your apps but your photos should be safe (however backup is always a good idea).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones