• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is a good rom?

TheLaw

Sep 13, 2010
Sactown
Hey guys, I'm helping my friend root her phone and I've been looking around on the xda forums. Which rom would you say is the best that is most reliable and runs very well with no problems for 2.2 and not gingerbread? I think she just wants something simple and user friendly. I have a Samsung Captivate that I have already rooted and my ROM was a very simple rom that I wanted. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Is gingerbread even out for the T-mobile 4g? And not the beta version either.

as far as 2.2.1 eVilD over on xda has a very good/stable ROM that is a port of the Desire HD's "Stock" ROM that uses Sense 2.0 complete with a mild over-clock kernel (basically it is pure Sense without TMO's Espresso overlay). The "official" (pushed out by TMO) Gingerbread hasn't dropped yet, however if you want a pure Sense Gingerbread there are a couple of ports on xda also that have been pulled from the HTC Panache (the Canadian MT4G, not a similar phone like the Desire HD but the exact same phone complete with the green Genius button) that uses Sense 2.1. personally I am using TeamRoyal's RoyalPanache port with faux123's HtC GB OC kernel and the Sense 3.0 lockscreen mod, it has been very stable and smooth as silk on glass same thing for eVilD's DHD port.

either way you really can't go wrong, just my opinion. I know alot of guys and gals prefer CM because of it being a modded vanilla Android but with the specs of this phone I have fallen in love with Sense, Unlike some of the lower spec phones I have used prior to this Sense just works.

Upvote 0
as far as 2.2.1 eVilD over on xda has a very good/stable ROM that is a port of the Desire HD's "Stock" ROM that uses Sense 2.0 complete with a mild over-clock kernel (basically it is pure Sense without TMO's Espresso overlay). The "official" (pushed out by TMO) Gingerbread hasn't dropped yet, however if you want a pure Sense Gingerbread there are a couple of ports on xda also that have been pulled from the HTC Panache (the Canadian MT4G, not a similar phone like the Desire HD but the exact same phone complete with the green Genius button) that uses Sense 2.1. personally I am using TeamRoyal's RoyalPanache port with faux123's HtC GB OC kernel and the Sense 3.0 lockscreen mod, it has been very stable and smooth as silk on glass same thing for eVilD's DHD port.

either way you really can't go wrong, just my opinion. I know alot of guys and gals prefer CM because of it being a modded vanilla Android but with the specs of this phone I have fallen in love with Sense, Unlike some of the lower spec phones I have used prior to this Sense just works.

This guy knows his stuff well. Im running royal glacier, which is the stock rom redone. It runs super smooth and gets great battery life. I have been wanting to try the ginger sence roms but royal glacier has run so great i dont want to change.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones