1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

What is a preferred app for FTP?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by markw10, Jan 1, 2014.

1. markw10

markw10 Newbie
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    I am a relatively new Android user and am looking for a good FTP app for Android. I work for a business that has multiple websites so I do some relatively heavy FTP use such as downloading files, uploading files, and editing files. There seems to be so many in the Google Play store. Are there certain ones I should look into for the type of use I'm looking for? Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    I'd download all the free ones, try them out and see if any of them are enough for my needs. (For example, on Windows, I settled on Filezilla after using many others over the years.) I haven't needed to do FTP on an Android yet, so I can't give you the benefit of any experience on FTP apps, but that's what I do with apps in general.

3. srglassw

srglassw Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    British Columbia, Canada
    I tried a couple of FTP apps and settled on FTPCafe. I found it worked and the user interface was intuitive and quite easy to use. I don't use FTP on my tablet very much so this isn't based on extensive research or experience.

4. Phil42

Phil42 Member
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    I strongly recommend ES File Explorer. Free and root-compatible if you've got root. You can even set up your phone as an FTP server.

5. krikit

krikit Newbie
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Male
    I have used ES File Explorer for this, but I've found FolderSync works best transferring files to our daughter's Wii. The reason is because FTP (in my experience) will drop too often for me to be sure the files copied. With FolerSync, I just set the sync to retry x amount of minutes, & go do something else. That way the file eventually finishes the copy without me having to babysit the setup. Hope that helps.