• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is a working easy answer app?

molitar

Jul 12, 2011
I hate the current method of trying to slide the button into the ring to answer the phone.. it's awful and I always miss my calls unless I use my other hand to answer. I have tried a few apps with buttons BUT NONE of them worked with the EVO 3D! I need a working app to answer phone calls easy with a slide bar that I can do with a single hand or a button.

That is horrible and requires me to use two hands to answer my phone.. I hate that damn ring.. so it does not answer my question.. I understand stupid damn GOOGLE removed capability for apps to answer phone in Android Gingerbread damn GOOGLE! So is their an auto unlocker app that works when phone rings?

Upvote 0
Actually I'm with the OP on this one. I do like the liking ring concept and it looks good, but often it "sticks" on an incoming call and I wind up missing it. I used to use No Lock, but that will turn off the locking for the entire phone, which results in random calls and other weirdness when the phone is in my pocket. What's really needed is an auto unlock feature for selected apps (like phone, maybe sms...I'll settle for just the phone now). Thoughts?

Upvote 0
Ok, the only thing I've heard that seems to answer custom lock screen needs is -

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker

WidgetLocker

Everyone I've read in the forums really likes it. If it will solve the problem or be compatible with Sense 3, I can't say.

Suggest contacting the dev before you try it and see what they have to say.

I can think of no other options than to do away with the lock screen or just replace it - and this is the popular replacement, in general.

Upvote 0
I might be totally misunderstanding the issue here, but doesn't sliding the ring straight up like you do when you unlock the phone work too? That's what i always do. The only time I pull it into the ring is when I'm declining the call. ....Fairly easy to do with one hand.

Yeah I was just about to post this.

There are 2 ways to answer a call when the lock screen is on.

1) Drag the green circle into the large lock ring.

2) Drag the lock ring all the way up (same as if you were just unlocking the phone)

Upvote 0
Hmm interesting thread.

The answer screen does not bug me at all, it works well for me. But I can understand how someone else would not like it.

That said, hopefully some of the options presented by EarlyMon can be good options. Also when custom ROMs come out for the Evo 3D, as we now have perm root, that can also change the way the phone answers. The great thing with Android is that we have choices!! And with HTC we have lots of developer support! :)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
When I answer my phone it tells me I have to push 1 to accept the call... which is really a pain because you have to unlock to answer, turn the keypad on, press the number one, and hope they are still on the line.

How do I turn this feature off?

You are using google voice and you need to log in your google voice account on a computer and go to settings(top right corner) then the calls tab and turn off call screening.

Reactions: Gearhead_eng
Upvote 0
Hmm interesting thread.

The answer screen does not bug me at all, it works well for me. But I can understand how someone else would not like it.

That said, hopefully some of the options presented by EarlyMon can be good options. Also when custom ROMs come out for the Evo 3D, as we now have perm root, that can also change the way the phone answers. The great thing with Android is that we have choices!! And with HTC we have lots of developer support! :)

Hey, did I miss something? Is a root exploit now available for the EVO 3D? Please point me to the thread...that would rock!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones