• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help what is adb?

actually I saw this post and wanted to check. can you ppl cross check it

Google Translate

I work as a software engineer and consider myself an "o-k" coder. That said, I wouldn't try to lower my phone's CPU utilization that way. If your phone is rooted (which, you would need anyway for that link) I recommend the "setcpu" program. You can get it from the xda-developers forums and its a whole lot safer than the steps in your link.

-chronodekar

Upvote 0
Every O/C (overclocking) harms your phone (I mean the "Galaxy's" processor) in the long run. Batter to say it shortens its live span. Of course I'm also using O/C but on 614 MHz. When on 710 MHz it overheats like crazy if you play games on the phone or surf the web (in few minutes it reaches the "heat" phase). So my advice if you already using O/C then also go for 614 MHz unless you really need 710 MHz on your phone.

Upvote 0
Every O/C (overclocking) harms your phone (I mean the "Galaxy's" processor) in the long run. Batter to say it shortens its live span. Of course I'm also using O/C but on 614 MHz. When on 710 MHz it overheats like crazy if you play games on the phone or surf the web (in few minutes it reaches the "heat" phase). So my advice if you already using O/C then also go for 614 MHz unless you really need 710 MHz on your phone.

Strange I have not experienced the phone getting heated up.
I keep a watch on the CPU temp using SystemPanel.
It keeps to arnd 39-40 degrees C which I suppose is dont know.

The proccy would definitely running hot than usual but I dont think it will be very harmful in the long run.

Having said that I might look to reduce the gas on my Galaxy

Upvote 0
Me, I get a kick by UNDER-clocking the phone to 120Mhz when the screen's off. I'm hoping that it would get the battery to last longer, but I haven't stress-tested my settings yet.

amrutpritam,

As LeLouch stated, any kind of over-clocking would reduce the lifespan of your phone. Though, I've never heard of anyone's i7500 going broke due to overclocking. Still, a rule-of-thumb, if you don't need the speed or performance, push it back down to 528Mhz. Me, I go with Lelouch - keep the maximum speed around 614Mhz. (and leave setcpu with the "on-demand" setting)

-chronodekar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones