• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Is An Airave??

Femtocell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Free? Many have been able to get one free if their signal quality at home is very poor. We did and it' works great. It works best if you have little or no signal. With a weak borderline signal, the Airave can make things worse not better.

Thats the problem im having and I also have a weak signal on my Sprint modem card. Thanks for the information.

Upvote 0
the arivana is a home femtocell with support for 3G, voice and coming soon voip service thru sprint.

the airvana uses your home broadband connection to route calls. i dont see any evidence that says this will make your connection worse if your terrestrial cellular signal is weak. i have had the first gen airave and now the 2nd gen airvana and they have performed flawlessly. i live in a fringe area, however the local cellular signal does not decrease my airvana signal in any way.

Femtocell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Free? Many have been able to get one free if their signal quality at home is very poor. We did and it' works great. It works best if you have little or no signal. With a weak borderline signal, the Airave can make things worse not better.

Upvote 0
I have a airave and although my signal is perfect i mainly have used it for the past coupe of years as an unlimied voip system for my household (four phones). no calls made within 200' of our home count as minutes on our plan, meaing if we make 3000 minutes of calls to landlines during business hours, none count.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones