• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is best phone tracker for stolen phones?

... I think the end game is this.....if your phone is stolen by a thief (not some childish prank by a friend), its stolen. Get a new one....no app currently out will help you get it back. ...

Nonsense. Cerberus will show where the phone currently is with pictures of the user, and the owner and/or police are entirely entitled to knock and ask for its return. Search warrants can be obtained by police as well with legal help and justification provided by the Cerberus web account, and they'll usually find other stolen property in the process.

When it comes to a theft of ones phone, if one isn't part of the solution then one is part of the problem.

Upvote 0
Nonsense. Cerberus will show where the phone currently is with pictures of the user, and the owner and/or police are entirely entitled to knock and ask for its return. Search warrants can be obtained by police as well with legal help and justification provided by the Cerberus web account, and they'll usually find other stolen property in the process.

I'm sure something like this is better than nothing, and can improve your chances of seeing your phone again. But if the phone is wiped to factory defaults before Cerberus has a chance to connect and raise the alarm. Or if the phone is exported out of the country, as many stolen phones often are fenced overseas, you're more or less guaranteed you're never to see it again. I'm sure it works, I know that people have managed to retrieve stolen laptops because of tracking and reporting software.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, any 'pro' smartphone thief will immediately yank the battery. End of story...

True... At least until they put the battery back in. No one "pro" steals phones so that they can put the batteries in one closet and the phone in another. They use them and/or sell them ASAP. You may not catch the thief but you CAN get your phone back.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Hey guys, any 'pro' smartphone thief will immediately yank the battery. End of story...

So if you don't want to lose your phone you had better be very, very careful of that high-tech gadget. Handle it just as carefully as you handle your wallet! And save yourself agonizing over phone tracker apps because there is less than 1 percent chance anyone of them will get you your device back.

Better invest in an iron backup regime because you can easily replace a lost phone but if you lose its contents you are really føcked!

Not just worried about tracking my device, that is not my first concern. Remotely wiping all my data from my device to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands is my first priority.

Upvote 0
just checked out cerberus after it being suggested a lot in this thread , so tried it out for one day , love it , bought the license . it will help for sure . anyone that says having a picture of who has your phone a rough location and constant monitoring will not help gt it back is deluded .

i could just put a picture up on facebook of the person and i wouldnt be supprised if one of my friends didnt know them or share the picture around and someone knows the thief.

its often the case that whoever stole it is living near/local to you or at least the same city .

this app offers a much much better chance of getting your phone back .

never lost a phone but now i have this i feel confidant i can get it returned pretty easily .

Reactions: Retselisitsoe
Upvote 0
Wow!!! i love your contrributions and wish i had read them two weeks ago before my samsung galaxy sIII was stolen...My wifi was off, my GPS was off, my mobile data was off and damn! i had just downloaded a phone tracker app from Google Play but had not connected it with the net...The only security i had was my AVG anti-virus / anti-theft, my phone lock security code and the sim card security pin number...

Do you think i can be optimistic and think my phone will be back soon or can be tracked????????

Upvote 0
I use the app gotya, its about 2 or 3 bucks in the play store and its for phones with front facing cameras. If the unlock code/pattern of your pho e is entered incorrectly more than 2 times it snaps a picture of the perspn trying to get into your by using the front faceing camera. After that it locates the phone gps position and sends the picture and location of the phone of the phone to your email.vi've been using it for about a year now. Great app.

Upvote 0
Try Mobisecurity.net - Best Anti Theft Application.

I have installed in my Samsung Galaxy mobile which enables the below features.

* Get SIM change alert along with new SIM changed number.

* Remotely lock mobile when lost or stolen

* Track mobile location

* Wipe personal data (contacts, SMS, call logs, media files) and get quick backup and restore anytime from web or via SMS.

* Remotely play siren if the mobile is lost

* Make secret spy calls to listen surrounding and sounds

* Secretly read SMS, Call Logs from new SIM changed number.

PS : Free application are not worth as compare to paid application which are secure and safe.

Upvote 0
I use Avast Mobile Anti-Theft. It is free and lets you track your phone(s) from your PC. It also sends a gps location automatically if your battery is low which is ideal if you lose your phone and the battery is draining. It also e-mails you if someone tries to change the sim card. You can remotely control the phone and lock it, wipe the memory, activate a siren, and much more. The only facility it doesn't have is to take a picture remotely. I asked Avast about the possibility of including the facility but they assured me that there were privacy issues that prevented it. All this totally free which is brilliant.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones