• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is better the iPhone or the new htc or the google nexus

depends on you.. if you mostly.. for me, nothing can be better than a "pure google phone"... but if what you want is the best phone camera, then iphone or one x, if you want something really simple, then the iphone, if you want something customizable, then the one x or galaxy nexus..

the best thing you could do is go to the store and play with them for a long time, if you have any questions on how they work or anythign else, u can come back here and ask ;)

Reactions: trophynuts
Upvote 0
android is an entirely different beast than the iphone.
we have a huge 720P display, fast camera (like the iP4s) removable battery, widgets, free navigation, tons of customization (different home launchers, music players, keyboards, messaging apps, cameras ect) drag and drop file management is a huge plus to me. i just need customization..something the iphones dont have.

if you love the iP4s, just wait for the iP5. it may be just what you want...if its not, and you want something else...we will be waiting with open arms to welcome you from the dark side :)

Upvote 0
BTW, there are 4 other videos that go along with that by the same guy. It really is an impressive comparison of the two OSs.

Thanks for the video and there is a big difference between the 2 and I am going crazy with this decision to stay with my iPhone 4s orbgo back go android to the nexus see I have only had the iPhone for about 3 weeks and I love it and all but feel like I am missing something's who now's maybe ios6 and or iPhone 5 will have some of the things it lacks to make it more customizable I will sleep on it for a few days and will let you know what I do stay with the 4s or come back home to android with the nexus. Thanks for the help making my undecisive mind.lol

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
The answer is all of the above. Each has features that make them the best and each is missing something. If you need a "status light" then the iPhone is a bad idea. Right now i have the "outbound audio cuts off randomly" with Verizon Samsung Nexus.

What ever you get you will have regrets. It is like comparing a Camero and a Mustang.

Upvote 0
If you like the Iphone don't get an android. People who like androids don't like Iphones and vice versa. I have seen a few exceptions but not many. I'm an android person myself. The phone itself is not nearly as big a deal as is the OS.
Comparing features in your case is absolutely the wrong way to go. Your issue is going to be at a much more fundamental level. Its like trying to decide if you want to change religions by looking at the church buildings.

Upvote 0
If you like the Iphone don't get an android. People who like androids don't like Iphones and vice versa. I have seen a few exceptions but not many. I'm an android person myself. The phone itself is not nearly as big a deal as is the OS.
Comparing features in your case is absolutely the wrong way to go. Your issue is going to be at a much more fundamental level. Its like trying to decide if you want to change religions by looking at the church buildings.

Your statement about liking one OS or the other is a bit too black and white for me. I prefer Android phones but as far as tablets go, the iPad is the top of the heap in my opinion.

As an example, I'm an amateur musician and use the iPad as a synthesizer. At this time, you simply can't do that with Android. Therefore, I use both OSs.

Another example, I'm also a programmer and comparing the tools available for writing Android apps against iOS apps, Apple wins hands down. Setting up Eclipse for Android is a massively painful process while with Apple, you download the SDK, install it and go.

I believe both have strengths and weaknesses so it's not an exclusive decision of one versus the other. It depends on what you want to do with them and you may find neither entirely suits your needs.

Upvote 0
Another example, I'm also a programmer and comparing the tools available for writing Android apps against iOS apps, Apple wins hands down. Setting up Eclipse for Android is a massively painful process while with Apple, you download the SDK, install it and go.

Of course, you have to use OSX to develop for iOS officially. The SDK on Android is platform neutral, which is probably why its a bit more of a pain.

Upvote 0
Imo the best actual phone is the one x, but you have to deal with at&t which can be a + or a - depends how you feel about them. The nexus has the best developer support of any android phone, but the one x should get a lot of support if it's popular enough.
Versus Iphone it just depends what OS you like. For some people out there iOS is exactly what they want in a phone for others it is exactly what you don't want in a phone. Much like a what car should I get? It depends on so many factors that vary person to person there is no universal answer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones