• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is causing my music to skip?

artnalex

Nov 10, 2009
I had my Droid connected to my car's AUX via typical cable/jack. Various songs were skipping. They weren't skipping the day before, just since yesterday.

It only skips when it is connected via jack or Bluetooth to another player.

If i just listen to the Droid without connecting to anything else, it doesn't skip.

When I listen to the Droid directly, it does not skip. When I hook the Droid to another player (such as car radio), the songs will sometimes skip (without any notifications). Yesterday it was skipping during a song for almost 20 seconds. And then it kept doing it again and again.

Upvote 0
I've played music while connected via aux while navigating, also Pandora and Slacker while navigating, never had skip. Actually never had any music skips period.

A kind of bizarre result. Have you ever had a skip when using headphones? To the phone a headphone or aux should appear the same.

Upvote 0
I had my Droid connected to my car's AUX via typical cable/jack. Various songs were skipping. They weren't skipping the day before, just since yesterday.

It only skips when it is connected via jack or Bluetooth to another player.

If i just listen to the Droid without connecting to anything else, it doesn't skip.
I had this problem once. A reboot solved it and it never happened again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones