• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Is "com.google.android." In Taskkiller

olletsocmit

Lurker
Dec 27, 2009
I rooted my cell a few days ago and today decided to un-root it. I reverted my cell back to 2.0.1 (the same exact way it was b4 i rooted it in the first place). Ever after i did the root "com.google.android." has been displayed in Taskiller as a task running. I can not kill it either. "com.google.android." just runs all the time and i can not kill the app.

Does anyone know what it is and what to do??

OK, sorry had to do the 'um' in it's own post for dramatic effect. com.google.android is the phone's android operating system. Just leave it alone and you'll be fine. It's actually very good you can't kill it as that would crash your phone I'd imagine :)

Why taskiller shows it as something to kill, I'm not sure though. Sounds just like a weird quirk of taskiller forgetting to hide it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones