1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support What is constantly using my wifi?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimdriver2, Jan 12, 2013.

1. jimdriver2

jimdriver2 Well-Known Member
    None

May 7, 2010
    Just got my phone back from Samsung after they repaired it due to the Sudden death bug.

As expected it was completely wiped and updated to 4.1.2.

However now the wifi seems to be downloading regularly when I'm at home. I think I remember it doing this before, back when I first got it, and I turned something off, but I can't remember what.

Another thread on here suggested Google+ likes to keep checking stuff and also that compatibility mode on the router for some phones affects it. So i'm gonna try those.

Just wondering if anyone else on here has had this?

Advertisement

2. Internaut

Internaut Member
    None

Jun 8, 2012
    Engineer
    Manchester, United Kingdom
    Settings -> Data Usage -> Click Wifi in the top right corner. That will give you a breakdown of usage on WiFi, just like you get for mobile data.

3. jimdriver2

jimdriver2 Well-Known Member
    None

May 7, 2010
    Thanks but I've already done that. I've also installed an app from the Play Store (traffic monitor) that breaks it down into apps as well.

Nothing is standing out as something that's using loads, rather it's something that's constantly running, downloading only a little but the constant run is the problem I think.

4. moorken

moorken Newbie
    None

are it large amounts of data? how much Mb? a lot of programs do frequent checks on the net for updates, software like facebook is really horrible at this.