1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What is eating my battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by katydid99, Aug 10, 2010.

1. katydid99

katydid99 Newbie

Just received my replacement Eris on Friday...the new one already has the 50% without signal bug and has frozen up on me today several times. The battery is discharging at an ultra high rate and my Up time is 4:04 while my awake time is 3:58 - as you can see not much difference between the two. I have killed all of the apps I can see in running apps and services. What could the problem be? I am a newbie. Thanks

2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

3. Haxcid

Haxcid Android Enthusiast

I know you will hear it eventually. Root the phone and go with a custom rom. Most yank out unwanted apps and get you down to a bare bones install. Then you can add back in only what you need/want. I get great battery now.

im at 88% and I reflashed my rom today as well as backed up and formated my sd card. Been hitting it pretty heavy. flashing removed the facebook for android app which if you have installed, really eats battery even thought they "fixed" it.

Also I 2nd what thetomlin2 said.

4. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

There seems to be some chatter about the latest Facebook update causing battery drain. Not sure if you're using it or not, but thought I'd toss it out there.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews