• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is going with headphone jack? Music? Pandora? Youtube?

VGPOP

Android Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2010
So I bought a very expensive headphones for my EVO. It sounds AMAZING.

But there is a major problem.

For example, when I turn on PANDORA without headphones, you can hear music, and fine.

You connect headphone and you can hear music through headphones.

But when you take headphones out of jack, THERE IS NO SOUND. What the heck? I think music keeps playing, but no sound.

In Youtube, I play a video without headphones, sound a video starts playing like it's suppose to, connect headphones, video and sound through my headphones.....disconnect headphones, youtube PAUSES itself.

Is this the way it supposed to?

Anyone with the same problem? Solution?

Pandora pauses when headphones are disconnected. At least that's how its always been for me and I actually prefer it that way. Also I don't have to turn pandora off and on again in order for it to work, that does sound like somethings wrong.

I didn't realize that it was paused until after I created this post. I thought it was something wrong with the sound.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones