1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root What is happening to my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rizaydog, Jan 16, 2014.

1. rizaydog

rizaydog Newbie
    None

Oct 26, 2011
    Male
    MRI Tech
    North Central PA
    I have a motorola droid maxx I purchased about a year ago. I had it flashed to work on paige plus.

Over the last few months, it has gotten very sluggish. It takes a vary long time to do anything on it.

I did some research and several things I found was to add an antivirus app, cache cleaner, and app manager, and remove unused apps. I went to the play store and got apps as directed. I removed unused apps, moved all apps that it would allow to my sd, ran the antivirus app, and run the cache cleaner/memory booster app daily.

It runs good when I first turn the phone on in the morning. After an hour or two, it bogs right down. It usualy works a little better if I run the cache cleaner and boost the memory.

There are a ton of apps that I have no idea what they are. It could be stock, it could be something that is needed to flash the phone to paige plus. All the ones I loaded, that I didn't need, I removed.

On the clean master app, the cache cleaner/memory booster app, the ram usage is always in the high 80% and has gotten up to 91%.

What else can I do?

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Thread moved to sub-forum where root-ed versions of this phone are discussed.

... Thom

3. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    In Android, unused memory is wasted memory. Stop using a "memory booster", it just fets rid of things that Android thinks you're going to need later, causing Android to have to load them again.

Try Low on Space? Dump logcat