• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is 'MIN' on Menu -> Settings -> About -> Status

Larryf

Jul 18, 2010
Can someone tell me what the 'MIN' value is on the Droid X under the Menu -> Settings -> About -> Status? It appears to be a phone number but it isn't mine.

This is just under the 'My Phone Number' field (which does have the correct phone number) and just above the MEID.

Thanks

Can someone tell me what the 'MIN' value is on the Droid X under the Menu -> Settings -> About -> Status? It appears to be a phone number but it isn't mine.

This is just under the 'My Phone Number' field (which does have the correct phone number) and just above the MEID.

Thanks

That's weird...my MIN value is the same as "My phone number"...wonder if its the main account number? (which for me, is correct).

Upvote 0
for reasons unknown to me, the MIN is actually the number used by the switches and towers to identify your phone. Some of the time the number is the same. Sometimes it isn't . My theory is if you change your number, your MIN would stay the same. And that would explain why you have non correlating MINs to mobile numbers.

I'm not saying that you would have to change your number. I know not everyone on here has done that. But if someone elses MIN is identical to your mobile number thats where you get the overlap.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones