1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

what is my default account?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by relik.pL, May 15, 2011.

1. relik.pL

relik.pL Lurker
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    it tech @ a CDN
    los angeles, ca
    I have two gmail accounts, and I don't know which one is considered "default". From my understanding my apps etc. are associated with this account. Please tell me if this is correct.

At some point I'd like to change this setting, but first I need to be able to identify the primary one.

I looked into marketplace, and couldn't determine what email it was using.

Thanks in advance,

mc

Advertisement

2. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

Jul 28, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Iowa
    When I buy an app from the marketplace, I always receive a gmail confirmation. If you bought an app have you received a confirmation? If so, which of your gmail inboxes did it come to? It would be your default. Also, the gmail account that you used to activate your android phone would most likely be your default gmail account for the market place.

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    There's probably a way to tell via your device but you can always log into checkout.google.com with your accounts and see which one has the app purchases associated with it.

4. swub

swub Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    When I first got my Android Infuse they wanted to configure it. I put in my main gmail address & password. It wouldn't take it. So... I tried my other gmail address and password and it worked. I added some apps, purchased 2 from android.market not realizing which account was my default. Then I figured out why I couldn't use the first email account it was due to extra security from Google Authenticator app on old iPhone. I disabled this feature and was able to add that account to my phone. To change it to the default I had to reset to factory and then start over. Now I can't get the 2 apps that I paid for back onto my phone.

When I asked for help from Google's market they said to goto developer and see if they could help. I don't have an issue with the developer the problem is with Android.Market.

I have enjoyed testing an android phone but so far I am not very impressed. Still within my 30-days and may need to go back to an iPhone.

I have never received an email stating that I have purchased an app.

If anyone has a clue how to solve this issue... Thanks

If anyone is going to get an new android phone & use an gmail account that has extra security enabled - disable that first or you will get the same problem I did.

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania

The easiest way to figure this out is go to menu>settings>accounts & sync and try to remove the accounts. Your default account is the one you can't delete.