• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is Packet Data?

Are you referring to the network data when you long press the power key for things like plane mode or turning off?

If so, that seems to be a safe way to disable data until you want it, and just use the phone for voice calls. If you turn it on, you'll see the 3g/E, whatever you have for connection, symbols disappear and remain off until you turn network data back on.

Upvote 0
when i tick my packet data button it says 'may incur additional charges'.
is packet data the internet that comes with my contract or new internet that you pay for seperately?

because i just came back from paris and my internet hasnt been working since and im not sure if i had packet data on or off before.

just want to make sure that ticking packet data is normal and what i should be using

Upvote 0
when i tick my packet data button it says 'may incur additional charges'.
is packet data the internet that comes with my contract or new internet that you pay for seperately?

because i just came back from paris and my internet hasnt been working since and im not sure if i had packet data on or off before.

just want to make sure that ticking packet data is normal and what i should be using

its the internet that comes with your contract. it says that because not everybody gets a data plan with their contract.
yes it is normal ;)

Reactions: antoby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones