1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What is Root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by basith731, Apr 14, 2012.

1. basith731

basith731 Lurker

hi guys.. I'm new to Android.. i just bought samsng gal y.. and i want to knw abour Root. wat is this? and wat are the benefits of taking Root? pls clarify.... thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but basically Android is based off of Linux and within Linux, Root is a level of access that allows you to modify things that general user rights wouldn't allow. In relating to Android, Root gives you permission to modify system settings/files that general users cannot. It also gives you the ability to give apps permission to access things in your phone that are protected otherwise. The Superuser app gives you the control over what apps can and cannot have root access.

basith731 likes this.
  3. basith731

basith731 Lurker

thanks for ur info.. can u pls also let me knw how to install this in my mob.. is that too risky?

4. avsys

avsys Newbie

rooting means getting full control(administrative privileges) on a android device.. normally android devices are unrooted that means you can't do much more customization to the device.
    ** WARNING !! Rooting will void your warranty. it's the biggest disadvantage of rooting.
    and the second one is security. because after rooting you get full control to the device' so that means malicious apps can do more harm to security.

here is a rooting package and a tutorial :
    Android AdvicesHow to Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 ? Tutorial

5. basith731

basith731 Lurker

thanks avsys.... i have to think abt this. lol

Samsung Galaxy Y Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Y release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.0" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1200mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews