1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What is safe to remove?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sheriff Austin, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Sheriff Austin

So I dont think I have seen this one asked yet. I have been keeping on top of everything since November, with updates, backing up, and the such. What I have not done is delete any extraneous files since having my phone, and Im getting the feeling there are old backups and self-made *bloat* taking up space on my SD card.

Can anyone give some recommendations on things that are safe to delete?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy Android Enthusiast

I did this last night. I just grabbed all the files like pics and stuff that I didn't want to lose and then formatted the entire card FAT32. Then I just Odin wiped it completely. Turns out since I got the phone all these apps and different roms have been leaving behind all sorts of junk on my sdcard. Phone runs great now.

3. Sheriff Austin

If need be, I will go that root. I do have quite a bit of music and stuff on it, so to pile it all off, then pile it all on is a bit more labor intensive than Im looking for. But if its the most efficient way to do it, then thats what Ill do.

When you say odin wipe, where is the option in there to just wipe the SD card?

4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

There's not....he said he wiped his sdcard by formatting it....and then wiped the phone itself in Odin. :)

5. Sheriff Austin

If I completely wipe the SD card, are there any SYSTEM files I should copy over along with my personal stuff? Or by simply doing a backup in Titanium will I be able to restore the system back to its normal operating state?

thanks all. I just want be clear so I dont bork this thing. Ive been so good about it so far :cool:

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews