• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is scrapspace?

I have a droid x and i just noticed a folder in my gallery that is called "scrapspace". It shows a thumbnail of a picture with the folder name, but when you click on it a different random picture comes up? Where did it come from and what is it for?

Dang... that's supposed to be hidden folder where all you "naughty" pictures that you take goes and gets sent to a special Picasa account I've set up! :D;):rolleyes:

Sorry, can't be more helpful.. I see from a google search that others apparently have that directory show up and it has some weird photos in it sometimes.

Upvote 0
I found this: (which makes sense to me)

• SCRAP_FILE_PATH

public static final String SCRAP_FILE_PATH = "/sdcard/mms/scrapSpace/.temp.jpg"
    This is the scrap file we use to store the media attachment when the user chooses to capture a photo to be attached . We pass {#link@Uri} to the Camera app, which streams the captured image to the uri. Internally we write the media content to this file. It's named '.temp.jpg' so Gallery won't pick it up.
This was my source - Class: android.provider.Telephony.Mms.ScrapSpace (android/android/5) javadoc api - kiwidoc

Reactions: adelma
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones