• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help what is SIP?

dave198803

Dec 26, 2011
I googled it and it says its some kind of hack tool? I play Armored strike online and I occasionally get disconnected so i downloaded wireshark to look for anything wierd. I got a packet that said it was from sipvicious and the user agent was friendly port scaner or something like that. I saved the pcap if anybody wants to see it. Is this whats disconnecting me?

From Wikipedia:

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is an IETF-defined signaling protocol widely used for controlling communication sessions such as voice and video calls over Internet Protocol (IP). The protocol can be used for creating, modifying and terminating two-party (unicast) or multiparty (multicast) sessions. Sessions may consist of one or several media streams.

More info, based on what you said:

SIPVicious suite is a set of tools that can be used to audit SIP based VoIP systems. It currently consists of four tools:

• svmap - this is a sip scanner. Lists SIP devices found on an IP range
  • svwar - identifies active extensions on a PBX
  • svcrack - an online password cracker for SIP PBX
  • svreport - manages sessions and exports reports to various formats
  • svcrash - attempts to stop unauthorized svwar and svcrack scans

I couldn't say if that's what's disconnecting you, or if the disconnection has to do with something else, but maybe the above info will help you a little bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones