1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

what is SIP?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dave198803, Dec 27, 2011.

1. dave198803

dave198803 Newbie

I googled it and it says its some kind of hack tool? I play Armored strike online and I occasionally get disconnected so i downloaded wireshark to look for anything wierd. I got a packet that said it was from sipvicious and the user agent was friendly port scaner or something like that. I saved the pcap if anybody wants to see it. Is this whats disconnecting me?

2. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

From Wikipedia:

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is an IETF-defined signaling protocol widely used for controlling communication sessions such as voice and video calls over Internet Protocol (IP). The protocol can be used for creating, modifying and terminating two-party (unicast) or multiparty (multicast) sessions. Sessions may consist of one or several media streams.

More info, based on what you said:

SIPVicious suite is a set of tools that can be used to audit SIP based VoIP systems. It currently consists of four tools:

• svmap - this is a sip scanner. Lists SIP devices found on an IP range
    • svwar - identifies active extensions on a PBX
    • svcrack - an online password cracker for SIP PBX
    • svreport - manages sessions and exports reports to various formats
    • svcrash - attempts to stop unauthorized svwar and svcrack scans

I couldn't say if that's what's disconnecting you, or if the disconnection has to do with something else, but maybe the above info will help you a little bit.