• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is System image in twrp back up

I googled it. According to this thread, the "system image" is the img file suitable for use with fastboot. In contrast the other partitions listed (including "system") have to be used with twrp. So I think system and system image are the same thing but you would use different tools to restore them back onto your phone. I'd think most people would save time on their backup by skipping "system image".... that can often be obtained elsewhere if you need it (and you don't need it if you can restore system from recovery).

Last edited:
Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
I googled it. According to this thread, the "system image" is the img file suitable for use with fastboot. In contrast the other partitions listed (including "system") have to be used with twrp. So I think system and system image are the same thing but you would use different tools to restore them back onto your phone. I'd think most people would save time on their backup by skipping "system image".... that can often be obtained elsewhere if you need it (and you don't need it if you can restore system from recovery).
Cool thx , do you know what the diff in vendor and vendor image is

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones