• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is taking up all my phone storage?

Vance

Android Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2009
I have moved over all the apps to SD that I can (using Apps2SD Pro). The ones that are left are 21 apps taking up about 50 mb. I only have about 37 mb free. What is taking up the other 175 or so mb? I am tired of running out of space, so is there any of that I can get rid of? I have cleared the cache as well, but that only makes up about 3 or 4 mb each time I clear.

I thought CacheMate took care of all of that, but I will have to go in and check those apps that have a cache.

Does anyone know how much space the actual OS and system files take up? It seems odd that it would take up more than half of the available space.

Upvote 0
How about your call logs and SMS and MMS?

Oh, wow, that could definitely be it! Where can I see how big those files are? I have Root Explorer, Titanium and Astro. Could I move that storage to SD? If not, can I archive them there or to another computer for archive purposes?

The actual Apps2SD and Cachemate apps don't take up much space at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones