• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is the best 2.1 ROM

Just wondered I'm now on villains 5.3 when I'm replying on the forum the keyboard seems a bit laggy but en writing a text or updating Facebook it seems more responsive, anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

I find it more responsive when typing the first letters of someones name to send a text, and when texting, but slower on forums etc also, so it's not just you

Upvote 0
Anybody getting Trackball flash issues with Villain 5.3? I use handcent, so I don't know if it was like this before handcent got installed, but the trackball only flashes once, whereas on 1.5 it would keep flashing for a while until you checked your message.. Doesn't matter if I am using handcent or stock app for notifications.

Upvote 0
I just tried Villain 5.3, but it doesn't recognize my wifi AP. Also, unfortunately, my google account (a throwaway account made just for this phone) lost all its downloaded apps. Good thing I backed them up first - but still, I will have to redownload every one of them if I want to get updates for them.
Now I'm back on stock ROM, wifi connection came up even before I entered PIN, and all is shiny. I got a peek of Android 2.1, and while seems nice, it's nothing I would miss even if HTC never released official update.

Upvote 0
I bought the donate version of titanium backup; it can repair all those links to the market without reinstalling :)
I just reinstalled one app via AppManager from a backup on my sdcard, and now I see all of my downloaded apps in "My Downloads" on the market. No need to pay for Titanium Backup (which doesn't seem to work properly on a rooted stock ROM anyway).

Now I only need to reflash the radio in order to get GPS working again - looks like it stops working for several people when going from 2.1 back to 1.5...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones