1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support What is the best alternative to Polaris?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zazan, Jan 12, 2012.

1. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I have some serious issues with Polaris which I have been unable to correct even with calls to htc. As an example it will not open some Excel files, I get the message that there is "not enough memory to extract the file" which is a 1.5 Meg file, and with PowerPoint files some slides are ok while others are empty of content. I have converted the MS Excel files to "Open Office" and they don't even show up as existing even though they are on the SD card.

I don't know if this is a problem with Polaris or with Office 2010 documents.

So instead of continuing to fight with Polaris does anyone have some advice on what other app I could use that would actually open and allow me to work with my "office" files?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 18, 2010
    R&D Technician
    Pampa, Tx
    I use Documents to Go. Seems to work pretty good for the few Word files and Spreadsheets that I have messed with.

zazan likes this.
  3. andr01d

andr01d Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    androidland
    I bought Quickoffice Pro for my old phone and Quickoffice Pro HD for my current tablet. They both work fine but i have not used it enough to discover any issues though. I saw Polaris on the phone and the first thing i thought was... wow saved 20 bucks here:)
    bye

zazan likes this.
  4. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Thank you!

I'll give both of these a good try. Yeah, I also thought I had saved some money with Polaris but it seems to have a few issues. Seems to work OK with Word files but not so well with others.

Tags: