• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the best case for Z Fold 4 preferably with an S pen holder?

i am considering these two.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09ZMGQK4C/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=4fc5e09bf08f3db027bf02f5b1217f89&content-id=amzn1.sym.cf8fc959-74aa-4850-a250-1b1a4e868e60:amzn1.sym.cf8fc959-74aa-4850-a250-1b1a4e868e60&hsa_cr_id=0&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=685b5c04-48d0-4fd2-b56d-00e5e5087228&pd_rd_w=JEcvE&pd_rd_wg=Frz11&qid=1666030054&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_lsi4d_asin_0_title&sr=1-1-9e67e56a-6f64-441f-a281-df67fc737124

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/BCA33206-85C5-49E2-9C5B-DA511A9B14F9/?_encoding=UTF8&store_ref=SB_A05265983Q0CE3UKZAZ7N&pd_rd_plhdr=t&aaxitk=4fc5e09bf08f3db027bf02f5b1217f89&hsa_cr_id=0&lp_asins=B09ZMGQK4C,B09ZMJWLRG,B09ZN1MHFK&lp_query=z fold 4 case with pen holder&lp_slot=auto-sparkle-hsa-tetris&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_lsi4d_hl&pd_rd_w=Xflxt&content-id=amzn1.sym.cf8fc959-74aa-4850-a250-1b1a4e868e60:amzn1.sym.cf8fc959-74aa-4850-a250-1b1a4e868e60&pf_rd_p=cf8fc959-74aa-4850-a250-1b1a4e868e60&pf_rd_r=250XKN0Z3H3GP94NSVZ7&pd_rd_wg=HOEZ7&pd_rd_r=297cb964-73cc-4049-bdbb-c31cb7141e27

i was rocking the thin fit p on my fold 3. its a really solid case and does a good job at finding a practical place to put the pen. the pen is on the side of the case. but this is also where you have the power and volume buttons. so its a tad difficult to get to those buttons at first. you will get use to it though. also the thin fit p does not have any hinge protection. this is why the second one i linked might be the better option. it is more sturdier, but also more bulkier. this is a big phone already so a bigger case makes the phone huge.

just got a z fold 4 and bought this:https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/m...3waPsvIRp16g0cAJVhhoCDc4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds just so that i can have immediate protection as well as getting the s-pen. its actually pretty solid so that now i can take my time looking. i may even just keep this one and not get the other two.

Upvote 0
I like the Samsung case but doesnt it bother you that you can't lay the phone flat on its back because of the elevated S pen holder???

i am considering these two.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09ZMGQK4C/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=4fc5e09bf08f3db027bf02f5b1217f89&content-id=amzn1.sym.cf8fc959-74aa-4850-a250-1b1a4e868e60:amzn1.sym.cf8fc959-74aa-4850-a250-1b1a4e868e60&hsa_cr_id=0&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=685b5c04-48d0-4fd2-b56d-00e5e5087228&pd_rd_w=JEcvE&pd_rd_wg=Frz11&qid=1666030054&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_lsi4d_asin_0_title&sr=1-1-9e67e56a-6f64-441f-a281-df67fc737124

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/BCA33206-85C5-49E2-9C5B-DA511A9B14F9/?_encoding=UTF8&store_ref=SB_A05265983Q0CE3UKZAZ7N&pd_rd_plhdr=t&aaxitk=4fc5e09bf08f3db027bf02f5b1217f89&hsa_cr_id=0&lp_asins=B09ZMGQK4C,B09ZMJWLRG,B09ZN1MHFK&lp_query=z fold 4 case with pen holder&lp_slot=auto-sparkle-hsa-tetris&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_lsi4d_hl&pd_rd_w=Xflxt&content-id=amzn1.sym.cf8fc959-74aa-4850-a250-1b1a4e868e60:amzn1.sym.cf8fc959-74aa-4850-a250-1b1a4e868e60&pf_rd_p=cf8fc959-74aa-4850-a250-1b1a4e868e60&pf_rd_r=250XKN0Z3H3GP94NSVZ7&pd_rd_wg=HOEZ7&pd_rd_r=297cb964-73cc-4049-bdbb-c31cb7141e27

i was rocking the thin fit p on my fold 3. its a really solid case and does a good job at finding a practical place to put the pen. the pen is on the side of the case. but this is also where you have the power and volume buttons. so its a tad difficult to get to those buttons at first. you will get use to it though. also the thin fit p does not have any hinge protection. this is why the second one i linked might be the better option. it is more sturdier, but also more bulkier. this is a big phone already so a bigger case makes the phone huge.

just got a z fold 4 and bought this:https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/m...3waPsvIRp16g0cAJVhhoCDc4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds just so that i can have immediate protection as well as getting the s-pen. its actually pretty solid so that now i can take my time looking. i may even just keep this one and not get the other two.

Upvote 0
The absence of a kickstand does nothing for me. I don't consume a lot of content on my phone (I'm more of an active power user), so I'm either using it or it's in my holster.

The advantage of the Thin Fit P is that it allows the phone to lie flat on a surface. Cases that cover the hinge prevent that. I guess it's really a matter of how you use your device.

Reactions: ironass and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I like the Samsung case but doesnt it bother you that you can't lay the phone flat on its back because of the elevated S pen holder???
I like it better. Because of the elevation, it's at a perfect angle to type or view.

edit: plus you can always slide out the holder and slide in the kickstand if you want. but because of the angle of the s-pen holder, it sort of acts as its own kickstand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I spoke too soon! Guess what happened last night?

In the accessories thread I had expressed concern that because the front panel is wider, the frame on the Thin Fit P case had to be thinner. Much thinner, and apparently TOO thin to withstand daily use. I removed my phone from the holster last night and found that the frame had snapped.

I'm filing a warranty claim but that's a bandaid on cancer if it can only last two months of normal use before breaking. Hopefully Spigen is working on a redesign.

WILKIE-ThinFitP-ZFold4c.jpeg

Upvote 0
Lol I have this case being delivered today. You think it was the holster that snapped it?

Also do you use a screen protector?

I spoke too soon! Guess what happened last night?

In the accessories thread I had expressed concern that because the front panel is wider, the frame on the Thin Fit P case had to be thinner. Much thinner, and apparently TOO thin to withstand daily use. I removed my phone from the holster last night and found that the frame had snapped.

I'm filing a warranty claim but that's a bandaid on cancer if it can only last two months of normal use before breaking. Hopefully Spigen is working on a redesign.

View attachment 164210

Upvote 0
I don't think so. More than that, I primarily use the main display and S Pen to work. As a result, the fingertips of the hand I'm using to hold the phone rest directly on that thin bit of frame. Spigen will have to redesign this, possibly using zinc instead of plastic, to avoid taking a loss in warranty claims.

To Spigen's credit, they approved the warranty replacement quickly and it new case will be shipped to me in the next day or two.

Upvote 0
To its credit, the Slim Armor Pro Pen Edition's hinge cover will reinforce that thin frame piece, making it more durable. It won't lie flat, though: but I don't use it lying flat very often.

EDIT:

I actually emailed Spigen, asking if it's not too late if I can apply the cost of the Thin Fit P toward the purchase of the Slim Armor Pro Pen Edition. DOGGONE that's a lot of money for a case, though! It had better work and work well!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To its credit, the Slim Armor Pro Pen Edition's hinge cover will reinforce that thin frame piece, making it more durable. It won't lie flat, though: but I don't use it lying flat very often.

actually emailed Spigen, asking if it's not too late if I can apply the cost of the Thin Fit P toward the purchase of the Slim Armor Pro Pen Edition. DOGGONE that's a lot of money for a case, though! It had better work and work well!

EDIT:
Put the case on last night.... I'm super ehhh on it. I cannot stand how the front case extends over making the phone wider. But the S pen holder is pretty much a deal breaker for me. Im not going to carry the S pen around in my pocket ughh so I'm back to square one

Last edited:
Upvote 0

One other point. The slim armor pro's hinge protector was attached to the front piece of the case on the Z fold 2 but Spigen switched that and is now attaching it to the back part.

Upvote 0
so i'm still rockin the
Galaxy Z Fold4 Standing Cover with Pen, Graygreen

i like it because though it does not lie flat when i have the s-pen holder, it fits quite well in my car mount. it also does not cover the power and volume buttons. the s-pen holder is perfect to use when you lie the phone flat. it stays flat but it is at an angle making it easier to view the phone from a table and is very stable when you type. the s-pen holder is removeable and you can place a kickstand if you need to prop it up more. i rarely see the need for it so i do not use it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The Spigen Thin Fit P case I received in August lasted three months before breaking. Spigen replaced it under warranty in late October. Here we are, three months later, and the replacement has broken in exactly the same place.

The frame on the hinge side of the front pane is simply too thin to adhere to the bezel. It's right where my left thumb rests. Over time, it loosens & wiggles until it finally just breaks.

I emailed a photo to Spigen - AGAIN - and almost ordered the Slim Armor Pro as a replacement. I stopped, though, to read the reviews on Spigen's website and it has the exact same problem as the Thin Fit P. I'll have to either give up on Spigen or resign myself to warranty claims between now and August.

My only concern about switching to a kickstand case is that most of them interfere with wireless charging, which is something I use a LOT

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
How snug is the fit? I've read comments that cases like this tend to be loose.

I like the idea of this case, which has almost everything including a kickstand! It's just a "one drop & done" thing, though, as the first gravity test tends to break the case...
https://a.co/d/88bWgQG
the fit is really snug. it is so snug that they did not offer any stickies. its a nice case. i really like it.

as far as that case you are interested in. my issue is is the middle hinge protector that holds the s-pen, they are so huge and bulky. i have yet to find one that is solidly built. the ones i have tried are big, bulky, and feels cheap and plasticky. if you go for it, let us know if you like it or not.

Upvote 0
I ordered the TORRAS case and look forward to comparing it with the Thin Fit P. Hopefully it'll last longer

:p

UPDATE:

It could not have been more perfect timing! I dropped my phone and the front piece of the Spigen (was was left of it) went flying... as did my S Pen. Within hours, the TORRAS arrived. It's an impressive fit, although different around the power button. So far, so good - although it will require a drop to really test it.

Spigen is shipping out a second warranty replacement of the Thin Fit P, which I'll leave in the box unless needed. I can always sell it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones