• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories What is the best droid case?

jlund

Nov 5, 2009
I bought the Xentris case from Best Buy when I got the phone last week. I like the case because it is very slim and doesn't change the size of the phone all that much.

However, the top section (that goes around the screen) does not secure firmly enough, it keeps coming off.

I just got back from the VZW store, and they had a case that was very secure, but it was too clunky and made the phone feel very large.

Anyone out there find a nice case yet?

Thanks!

I use the body glove which, albeit expensive, is really nice because its textured rubber on the outside which gives for perfect and comfy grip without accidentally hitting side buttons. It also has a removable hole in the back which can be swapped with a flat spot or a clip to turn it into a holster. the body glove will not fit into docks, and is very secure, tough to take off.

Upvote 0
I use the Body Glove as well.

My only complaint is that it is not easy to get the phone out of the case.

I have the car dock and it is a major hassle to get the phone out of the case to place it in the car dock.

The Verizon salesman didn't warn me about this when I picked my case and ordered the car dock. I'm not sure if it was because of ignorance on his part.

Upvote 0
it does make it a bit thicker but its completely protected. i found my case the verizon store online.

Yea, that is the case I just checked out then. It was nice & secure, but made the phone feel far too big IMO. The case I have + the invisishield screen protector keeps mine safe already...

... I was just hoping to find anther thin case that keeps the top section on better.

Oh well...

Upvote 0
I use the VZW Shell/Holster Combo. I returned my Body Glove case for it and am much happier. The BG case left the screen exposed while on my belt, which always made me feel very uncomfortable and also was a much more bulky case with the belt clip button on the back.

Also I've heard of a case by Sedio seidioonline.com that is supposidly ultra slim, but it's not quite ready to ship yet.

Upvote 0
I use the body glove which, albeit expensive, is really nice because its textured rubber on the outside which gives for perfect and comfy grip without accidentally hitting side buttons. It also has a removable hole in the back which can be swapped with a flat spot or a clip to turn it into a holster. the body glove will not fit into docks, and is very secure, tough to take off.
I also use the body glove, i do love the case, it has minimal rubbing, if shaved down a bit would be perfect but not to much as i did and ruin the top peice around the screen. Its very grippy, lint resistant, my only problem is i love my bedside dock and they will not work together, and as explained its not easy to take on and off on a consistent basis.

Upvote 0
The one thing I really haven't heard about the Seidio case is if it rubs much and makes the keyboard difficult to slide out. I stopped using the hard cover I got from Verizon because it rubbed way too much and I was worried if I left it on much longer it would end up loosening my screen/keyboard.

Also, how well does it protect from drops? DanDroid you mentioned the Seidio is slightly slippery material. Is it more or less slippery than the actual Droid's texture?

Upvote 0
The one thing I really haven't heard about the Seidio case is if it rubs much and makes the keyboard difficult to slide out. I stopped using the hard cover I got from Verizon because it rubbed way too much and I was worried if I left it on much longer it would end up loosening my screen/keyboard.

Also, how well does it protect from drops? DanDroid you mentioned the Seidio is slightly slippery material. Is it more or less slippery than the actual Droid's texture?

Got the Seidio last week and really like it. It fits very snugly with no creaking or flexing. It really feels like it's part of the phone. The tolerances are very tight - no gaps, etc. I had full body ghost armor on it and the case fit right over it with no problems. It's very thin and the outside is coated in a sort of semi-rubberized material. It's not tacky but then not slippery either. It does make the keyboard slide action slightly more firm but I think it adds to the generally "ruggedized" feel of the device with the case on. My only complaint is that the top row of buttons on the physical keyboard are now very close to the bezel when the keyboard is open. Makes them a bit harder to hit but I've been using the virtual keyboard more and more so it doesn't bother me that much. I actually like the overall look of the device with the case on it more than with it naked. Highly recommended.

Upvote 0
Got the Seidio last week and really like it. It fits very snugly with no creaking or flexing. It really feels like it's part of the phone. The tolerances are very tight - no gaps, etc. I had full body ghost armor on it and the case fit right over it with no problems. It's very thin and the outside is coated in a sort of semi-rubberized material. It's not tacky but then not slippery either. It does make the keyboard slide action slightly more firm but I think it adds to the generally "ruggedized" feel of the device with the case on. My only complaint is that the top row of buttons on the physical keyboard are now very close to the bezel when the keyboard is open. Makes them a bit harder to hit but I've been using the virtual keyboard more and more so it doesn't bother me that much. I actually like the overall look of the device with the case on it more than with it naked. Highly recommended.
Can't wait till I get a Sedio case! I have Verizon's rubber pebble textured case. I like the sturdy big feeling that most others don't. Like you, I also like that cases make the sliding up and down a bit more harder...it makes the phone feel more sturdy and not flimsy.

Upvote 0

I have been thinking of getting this case, my question is this. How well does it protect the phone from drops. Is it that well made? I seem to be dropping my phone a bunch lately....lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones