• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the Best Icon Pack?

I was just skimming through the threads and I saw that there are so many out there to all these different icon packs. As a Droid X user running Launcher Pro Plus, I am looking for good custom icons and a method for installing them (everything I find is a .png yet I can't seem to use them). Thanks.

.png files are what you should be using. Go to the LauncherPro site forum (http://www.launcherpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=895) and you'll find a few good links to different icon sites. What I do is save them to my computer somewhere, then gmail them to my phone. Once I receive the gmail on my phone it'll allow me to either open or save the attachments. Save 'em. (I made a folder called "Icons" where I put them all.) Once you've done that, just long press on the dock icon you want to change, select Change icon, then Cusom icon, Folders, and then whichever folder you put them in. Once you find the icon you want just tap it and you've changed it.

Reactions: Droidn00b
Upvote 0
i am partial to ORB Glared icons...but that is just me. i like a clean look to my home pages. there is a pack in the market and there are others located here
Orbz icons

search for them on the computer and move them to the phone...it is MUCH faster.
I use Shorter Cut as i had issues with better cut. if you use the launcher pro image icon editor thing, it makes the icons too small IMO. shorter cut makes them a little larger and fills the screen better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones