1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What is the best kernal for the stock rom from htc?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kidhudi, Feb 8, 2011.

1. kidhudi

kidhudi Member

what kernel is compatible with the stock htc rom optimized for battery life? also are there any roms that are exactly like the stock rom and re-engineered to work better without all the stupid bells and whistles that come on the phone from the store ( skype,facebook, slacker..ect)
    thanks for any input

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Darebrokenheart

Darebrokenheart Well-Known Member

If you scroll down in this forum you will find a thread that has a link to a website that list the roms and kernels available.

3. skyscraper38

skyscraper38 Newbie

I'm wanting to know this as well. I see a lot of kernels that are for battery saving and for different roms but none that say anything about stock rom.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

any kernel that works on a sense based rom (non AOSP) will work on the stock rom.

5. skyscraper38

skyscraper38 Newbie

But what's the most stable kernel as well as the best battery saving?

6. nkk

nkk Android Expert

I think it is hydra kernels. Having said that, I use AOSP and have for some time, so my information is a bit out of date.

-Nkk

7. TokedUp

TokedUp Android Enthusiast

when I was using stock I loved the Hydra OC kernel but the battery life was meh cuz it was overclocking. i would recommend a HeyItsLou kernel (im using #8 on SR3.5 and it is sick)
    XDA will have all your answers

Just curious but why stick to stock ROM when you can flash a new one whenever you want? its really easy and if you want the stock feel to stay check out Skyraider 3.5. It's stock sense but with sooooo many great customizations, Mods and themes. I was the same way at first but now I cant imagine using my Inc without SR.

8. tmarr

tmarr Well-Known Member

x2. Thats what I use and am very happy with battery life and speed :)

9. Beatlesfan

Beatlesfan Well-Known Member

If you're looking for a stock rom you should look at virtuous rom. Also, one of the best kernels in terms of stability and battery life is the stock one. It comes pre bundled in virtuous.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews