• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is the best kernal for the stock rom from htc?

kidhudi

Jan 14, 2011
what kernel is compatible with the stock htc rom optimized for battery life? also are there any roms that are exactly like the stock rom and re-engineered to work better without all the stupid bells and whistles that come on the phone from the store ( skype,facebook, slacker..ect)
thanks for any input

what kernel is compatible with the stock htc rom optimized for battery life? also are there any roms that are exactly like the stock rom and re-engineered to work better without all the stupid bells and whistles that come on the phone from the store ( skype,facebook, slacker..ect)
thanks for any input

If you scroll down in this forum you will find a thread that has a link to a website that list the roms and kernels available.

Upvote 0
when I was using stock I loved the Hydra OC kernel but the battery life was meh cuz it was overclocking. i would recommend a HeyItsLou kernel (im using #8 on SR3.5 and it is sick)
XDA will have all your answers

Just curious but why stick to stock ROM when you can flash a new one whenever you want? its really easy and if you want the stock feel to stay check out Skyraider 3.5. It's stock sense but with sooooo many great customizations, Mods and themes. I was the same way at first but now I cant imagine using my Inc without SR.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones