• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the best keyboard?

What is the best keyboard?

• Android Keyboard

Votes: 20 8.9%
  • HTC Sense Keyboard

Votes: 28 12.4%
  • Swype

Votes: 98 43.6%
  • SwiftKey

Votes: 32 14.2%
  • Better Keyboard

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Shapewriter

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 28 12.4%

• Total voters
My phone came with swype already on it....worked fabulously for the first couple months..i was extremely fast and accurate..over time though, it has become less and less accurate...i have tried adjusting the speed vs. accuracy settings, and deleting non-words that may have added it..nothing seems to help...swype has worn out on me! Anyone else experience this?

Upvote 0
I signed up for the Swype beta (a few weeks ago) and it worked pretty well, then they updated with a V3 and I think it is quite a bit better. I've only had my phone for a few weeks and it is my first touch-screen phone, but I can already input text pretty fast using Swype. It is WAY quicker than using the numeric pad on my old Nokia, that's for sure! I tested out the voice-to-text but it was horrendously inaccurate, Swype seems to be pretty good at getting the right word on the first guess.

Upvote 0
Pretty sure I haven't posted in here yet. :)

I've used HTC, HTC_IME mod, SwiftKey X and Swype so far. I've switched out to use the others as much as possible but I always come back to Swype. Even when I have to type something in letter by letter (anything that doesn't use english words like passwords, etc) I still find it's more accurate and responsive.

Upvote 0
I've tried Swype, SlideIt, Swiftkey and HTC.

I preferred Swiftkey because it's predictions are spot on for me and I can type faster by tapping. But the recent Swype update includes predictive tapping on the same keyboard so I'll be switching to that. Swipe with one hand, tap with 2.

Upvote 0
Personally, I switch every month or so and go between Swype and SwiftKey. SwiftKey X is my current baby.

I'm interested in what Sak01 is saying about the new Swype update. Sounds to me like a marriage between Swype and SwiftKey. That should be fun. The best of both worlds!

Upvote 0
if you guys are looking for an amazing keyboard that is one of my favorites maybe even the best you should get flex t9. although the name may make you think its a t9 keyboard its not. its a qwerty key with dragon dictation for speech recognition which is the best in my opinion and it has a swipe feature that is way better than swype. it seems to use the word before the one your typing to kinda use grammar to help figure out what word you want. id suggest anyone to try it.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I bought Switft Keys.

I can't believe this is the only keyboard with "arrows." I hate predictive text - it never predicts what I want to say. My fingers are not fat but I'll be d@mned if I can get the cursor positioned at the right spot (without a lot of time consuming tries) to use the delete key and no one also has a backspace key. Unbelievable.

I may have been searching on the wrong thing as I now see "arrows" are actually "navigational keys."

Upvote 0
Thanks. I bought Switft Keys.

I can't believe this is the only keyboard with "arrows." I hate predictive text - it never predicts what I want to say. My fingers are not fat but I'll be d@mned if I can get the cursor positioned at the right spot (without a lot of time consuming tries) to use the delete key and no one also has a backspace key. Unbelievable.

I may have been searching on the wrong thing as I now see "arrows" are actually "navigational keys."

What keyboards have you tried? Swype, Go Keyboard and Hacker's keyboard all have arrow keys. Then I've also encountered a few whose names I've forgotten but has arrow keys as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones