• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the best screen protector out there ?

teddytales66

Dec 25, 2012
hello should I buy a screen protector? im a little paranoid right now, i just got the phone & i haven't put it in my pocket yet because im afraid it might get scratch. But whats screen protector do you guys recommend for me ? Also is it true that everyone who buys a phone off the virgin mobile website has a 1 year warranty? thanks :)

A cheap screen protector off of Amazon or eBay should do you well. Look for something made specifically for the EVO V or EVO 3D (since they are the same phone) and you should be good to go.

I currently use one that came with my case from Seidio. It's not like a thin flimsy plastic, it's rather thick and sticks well. I never notice it when I use my screen.

Upvote 0
ohh soo for example I dropped my phone on the floor & it cracked, Will virgin mobile replace it for me? And I didn't pay for warranty.

Accidental damage isn't usually covered by the warranty and no one has to pay for the warranty,it's included with your purchase. I think that you're confusing warranty with insurance. The details of what is/isn't covered by insurance depends on the policy. For example Best Buys black tie warranty includes coverage for situations where the insurance offered by Virgin through Assurion doesn't. Whether it's worth the additional $5 a month plus $100 deductible is a question only you can answer.

Upvote 0
Accidental damage isn't usually covered by the warranty and no one has to pay for the warranty,it's included with your purchase. I think that you're confusing warranty with insurance. The details of what is/isn't covered by insurance depends on the policy. For example Best Buys black tie warranty includes coverage for situations where the insurance offered by Virgin through Assurion doesn't. Whether it's worth the additional $5 a month plus $100 deductible is a question only you can answer.

I paid $30 for a year of insurance through best buy for my evo v. $100 deductibles and $5/mo isn't a very good plan for a $150 phone unless you're under contract.

Upvote 0
I understand your paranoia, teddytales66; I don't want scratches on my phone's screen, either. I do use screen protectors and just think it is common sense to do so, but many others don't. It is, of course, up to you. (On the other hand, if you are one of the lucky ones who can afford to upgrade your phone every 4-6months, a screen protector might not be considered a necessity.)

I don't know if it is the BEST screen protector but I have been using those made by Clarivue for the past few years. They are easy to install (really!) and do their job admirably. They are more expensive than many of the cheap ones out there, but I think they are worth it. (No affiliation, just a happy customer.)

I have one on order for my new HTV Evo V 4G; I tried to keep the factory screen protector on until I got the one from Clarivue, but one of the corners came up and that was that. Hope my Clarivue protector gets here soon!

HTC EVO 3D Screen Protector from Clarivue

Holly

Upvote 0
hello should I buy a screen protector? im a little paranoid right now, i just got the phone & i haven't put it in my pocket yet because im afraid it might get scratch. But whats screen protector do you guys recommend for me ? Also is it true that everyone who buys a phone off the virgin mobile website has a 1 year warranty? thanks :)

For a protective screen protector you can't go wrong with this one:
Amazon.com: eForCity Clear LCD Screen Protector Guards with Lint-free Cleaning Cloth for HTC EVO 3D, 4-Pack Combo: Cell Phones & Accessories

Also, if you need a protective case get this one:
Amazon.com: eForCity TPU Rubber Skin Case for HTC EVO 3D, Frost Black S Shape: Cell Phones & Accessories

Upvote 0
I have the Zagg InvisiShield. I got it because it was on clearance where I bought it. Personally I would not spend $20 plus the $10 to have someone install it. If you get it, do it yourself because it's not that hard. I actually like it a lot, it has been very durable and stayed on well. The only problem I've had is that it gets dust under it in the edges by chance if it lifts a little from accidentally snagging it. The good news is they do have a lifetime warranty and you just have to send in your old screen saver and pay $3 for shipping.

Upvote 0
I buy from a seller "Gadgettown" on Ebay, just search for the seller, then search for Evo 3D screen protectors.

Just buy a pack of 10 ($3.50 with free shipping) and replace them when they get scratched up. There is no point putting some single $20 film on your phone if you have to live with the scratches it soaks up. Use the cheap ones and replace them every time they scratch.

They have soaked up some pretty serious damage that ABSOLUTELY would have scratched the glass had they not been on there.

It is nice since you don't really need to worry about a body protector... the entire rear and sides of the phone is protected by the back plate that you can just replace off Ebay for a few bucks. So for a couple bucks in screen protectors you get everything you need.

Upvote 0
Whatever you decide to buy make sure that it's not a matte/anti glare type because they interfere with the parralax barrier used for 3d on this phone. :p:D

I didn't buy the phone for its 3D capabilities and haven't even checked out the camera yet, but that is good information, OverByter. I was not aware of this potential problem before buying my screen protector and I almost bought the anti-glare version to see if I liked it better than the clear, but changed my mind and went with the clear after all.

I received my Clarivue order yesterday and will be installing the protector today. :thumb:

Holly

Upvote 0
Don't know if it was mentioned or not, but get a Zagg shield. I got one off eBay for a little less than $8 shipped. That is a steal considering they are usually around $20 and they come with a lifetime replacement warranty.

Don't get the cheap screen protectors off eBay. They are a pain in the ass to get on without getting any air bubbles. A lot of people hate doing the wet installs, that's what the Zagg shield is. Personally I think it is WAY easier, but that's just me.

Upvote 0
A cheap screen protector off of Amazon or eBay should do you well. Look for something made specifically for the EVO V or EVO 3D (since they are the same phone) and you should be good to go.

this.

I love those cheap Amazon and eBay protectors. I've bought many for different devices and have never been disappointed.

On a side note, are there any protectors that cover the ridge where the frame meets the screen? I like not having a bulky cover, or one that I have to remove when charging due to heat retention, but I don't have anything covering that ridge/crevice. I am paranoid about dust getting in there and under the screen, never to be removed.

Upvote 0
I have the Zagg protector on my phone, and it's worked great so far. I have used less expensive ones on other phones in the past, and find that some of the cheaper ones provide less friction on my finger, but that's minor. I don't know if screen protectors or luck - I've dropped other phones with screen protectors on them straight to pavement, and the screen didn't even crack. Not sure if it helped, but I like to think it did.

Upvote 0
I have used Skinomi protectors on several phones and tablets and have loved them on every device. They are wet-application protectors, but when properly applied you don't even notice they're there, and they tend to reduce fingerprinting and glare (although they should not have the problems with 3D mentioned earlier). I just ordered one for the EVO... I don't anticipate any problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones