1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support What is the best security ap?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gumpond, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Gumpond

Gumpond Lurker
    None

May 27, 2010
    What ap are you using for security and antivirus protection? Is AVG good? In reading it appears to have a lot of issues.
    How are you making secure banking and investment transactions with your phone?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. HKM

None

:O its waste of resource as it does nothing. First of all I really don't want to get in to this and the whole Android permission base structure and application base management in terms of security. As I am sure mod/admin will come and lock it down due to fanboys not comprehending or knowing how things actually works, trust me been there in XDA/AC forum.

Thing like open community and walgarden based world is it does not last longer till some user finds out and blow whistle on it. With that being said just make sure when you install apps though market or manually via *.apk you check and verify what the app is asking permission for as if the app has no biz of requiring access to things then don't install it.

3. mdram

mdram Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Engineer
    Maryland
    personally i dont put any app on my phone that for banking, credit card, ect
    i don't want that info on my phone. the best way to avoid any issues to not to put the info out there

no app required, just use common sense

4. HKM

None

^ Could not agree more.

5. kct1975

kct1975 Android Expert
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    Male
    NoVA
    Ok, so I have now read several posts about Security Apps and while I greatly respect the Android gurus here who are basicly saying that "common sense" is the best security. I completely agree for downloading apps, however, I am personally concerned with other potential security holes such as web browsing and e-mail. I personally have Lookout installed, and it seems to work. I, however, would like to know if it is the Best Security app, and if it is, is it worth paying for the Premium version of the Lookout App?

With all due respect to the Android gurus, somebody, please tell me, and the others like me who are not as tech savy, what the is the Best Android Security App.

Thanks for your patience with me and other non-techies.