1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What Is The Best Tablet Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Tman5293, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Tman5293

Tman5293 Well-Known Member

I have an Asus Transformer Prime that I got to take notes with at school. I'm trying to find a good keyboard that I can use to take notes quickly and efficiently. With both the Asus keyboard and the Android keyboard, I find that I am making frequent spelling mistakes that I must go back and correct. This greatly impedes my ability to take notes at a quick pace. I need something that I will be able to type very quickly with. I'm looking for a keyboard app. Not a physical keyboard.

Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. thedrizl

thedrizl Android Enthusiast

Don't know if it will fit what your specifically looking for, but I use Perfect Keyboard on my Galaxy Tab. It's simple, intuitive, and very user-friendly. Give it a try. Paid and free versions are both available on the market.

3. glassmancheck

glassmancheck Member

I mainly use Tswipe on my Samsung Galaxy Player, which is a 5" screen, not a tablet. I think it is a phenomenal keyboard. I've tried several before settling on Tswipe. "SlideIT" was also good and may be worth a try. But I found nothing better than Tswipe. And it looks like it is good with a tablet. You might give it a free trial and see if you like it. It is VERY customizable.

A word of warning if you try it. Tswipe takes some patience. Registration is done on there web site and was very difficult for me. And the word suggestions were poor until I edited the dictionary (deleted many unnecessary words in the database, and added MANY words in plural (s)). Now the suggestions are great! Rarely a mistake, but it took quite a bit of work. Worth every minute of work for me. I can type a document in no time! Maybe as fast as a PC keyboard. And the navigation it provides is better than anything I could find out there. I use it when taking notes in meetings at work, and when on the phone. But it took a lot of practice, dictionary editing, and patience. Sliding your finger around a keyboard takes getting used to. Hope this helps.

4. Logan47

Logan47 Android Enthusiast

Try, Thumb keyboard, it has differnet layouts and sizes and a lot of options, including skins.

5. elusivestars

elusivestars Newbie

I like switftkey Tablet X

6. thedrizl

thedrizl Android Enthusiast

I like Swiftkey, too. I use it on my Razr, mainly because I snagged it for free from Amazon. Great keyboard. Didn't want to pay for the tab version, so I went with Perfect Keyboard, which is pretty similar.

Haven't tried Hacker Keyboard, but it looks interesting.

7. rhippler

rhippler Well-Known Member

Swift key!

8. sgosnell

sgosnell Well-Known Member

By far the best keyboard is the Transformer Prime keyboard dock. It's a real keyboard, and it's excellent for typing, plus it gives you at least 8 hours extra battery life. That's what makes the Prime a Transformer. It's worth the money just as a keyboard, but the extra battery life is a huge bonus. Typing on any screen keyboard is tedious at best, and I just won't even try to tolerate it for any serious input.

9. Swift keyboard may be the best option .