1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

What is the best visual voicemail app (Epic 4g) and issue with Google Voice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jblat1, May 29, 2011.

1. jblat1

jblat1 Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    Male
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    To anyone who might be able to give me some direction here, that would be great! :)

Epic 4g (Sprint)

1) I'm looking for everyone's opinions on the best visual voicemail app they've come across. Please let me know of your experience for both the paid and free apps that are available. Obviously, I would prefer FREE, but if there is a paid version that is so far advanced (accuracy of transcription, etc), then I'd be willing to fork up some cash. It's been my experience though that there isn't a big difference between the paid and free when I went through this a yr ago, but hopefully a lot has changed since then.

2) My first question is prompted because I'm not a big fan of Google Voice at all! I haven't gotten ANY transcriptions, hated that the internet ALWAYS has to be on (which is all Epic users know, battery power is a daily struggle) in order to connect and I didn't like that my texts were linked through GV. In short, all I wanted was the FREE transcription and the rest of the Epic's native functions left alone. Further, GV stopped doing anything after 3 days...

Thanks in advance for any help or direction you all can give!

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    i use youmail. i like the different greetings it offers or you can record your own. its free but i think you to pay if you want the voicemail transcribed. i also tried visual voicemail plus (also free) but youmail seems nicer. youmail also has the option to sync with your facebook account, you can post your messages on fb for others to hear (always amusing for the late night drunk messages)