• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is the difference between European and Provider Firmware?

envy00

Apr 22, 2011
I would like to know what is the difference between Samsung Galaxy Ace European Firmware and Provider Firmware, and what is better between the two?

I'm currently using European firmware and I'm thinking to flash my firmware to provider firmware gingerbread 2.3.5.

Can someone please give me their views about these, Thank you in advance.

I would like to know what is the difference between Samsung Galaxy Ace European Firmware and Provider Firmware, and what is better between the two?

I'm currently using European firmware and I'm thinking to flash my firmware to provider firmware gingerbread 2.3.5.

Can someone please give me their views about these, Thank you in advance.

To be honest there's not a lot of difference. You will however lose your warranty if you flash other firmware. Speaking from experience I'd stick to the official route for now. Most updates arn't really worth the rush.

Upvote 0
I've already flashed my firmware from asian to european. And I would like to try to flash it with provider firmware.

I would like to know if what is in the provider firmware. and also I hate the Hangman app(the one with white background and letter A in it) in european firmware can't even delete it. :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones