1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What is the difference, Cyanogenmod 7 and GingerBread.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by busy4seconds, Sep 23, 2011.

1. busy4seconds

busy4seconds Newbie

I Have heard a lot about Cyanogenmod 7 and gingerbread, could someone please explain the difference. I know Cyanogenmod 7 is a rom but what is Gingerbread? And asopCMod-V760-20110601, is this CyanogenMod 7? Thanks

Advertisement

2. cammykool

cammykool Android Expert

for cyanogwenmod7 i perfer BACKside IHO and gingerbread is a android update cyanogenmod 7 is built on a modified copy of gingerbread built for our V's

Petrah likes this.
  3. busy4seconds

busy4seconds Newbie

BACKside IHO, ok is there any bugs or is that all taken care of?

4. yogi-4

yogi-4 Android Enthusiast

All the bugs have been worked out, but I think there is a problem with the greenmachine theme with things running together in the status bar (if I'm wrong please correct me). I would choose either BackSide or BobZhome ROM. Just my 2 cents worth. :D

5. busy4seconds

busy4seconds Newbie

Ok thank you for the info. Can I Flash the backside IHO on a new Optimus V that is completly stock or is there something I must do first?

6. yogi-4

Check out the many 'How To' in this forum. Basically you need to root, flash custom recovery then flash gapps and ROM. Those 'How To' will show you how to do them. If you have version 2.2.2 of android, you'll probably have to use the gingerbreak method to root your phone. Do not use Rom Manager. Please read the how to's and understand what is going to happen before you do anything to your phone. Ask any questions you may have and we will be happy to do our best to answer them. Once you root and flash, it'll be easy as pie to flash again. Read and ask away!!! :)

7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

8. busy4seconds

busy4seconds Newbie

9. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

It will all depend on if you have a "V" screen or an "S". Also, the recommended recovery for the new IHO-CM7 ROM's is asopCWMod version 3.0.2.4,if you have a "V" screen. This and a really good ROM and gapps can be found in the first post of the BACKside ROM thread.

10. yogi-4

Yes, that will do the job. As far as ROMs go, I do believe the major glitches have been fixed... ie blue tooth. Take your pick and try them for a day or two. If you don't like then flash another one. That's the fun part!! ;)

11. JerryScript

JerryScript Android Expert

I believe all the recent builds from the IHO repository use BobZhome's kernel, which should work on both old and new screens. I know for sure that BACKside, BobZhome, and emuZombie all have the new kernel, and I believe mrg666 does as well. Check the individual ROM's changelogs to be sure.

AndyOpie150 likes this.
Tags: