1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!
  2. We apologize for the disruption in email services! They are sending out now, but there is a backlog, so it may take a little time to catch up.

General What is the frequency range of the headphone jack? Subwoofer doesn't pick it up.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tgm1024, Aug 26, 2012.

1. tgm1024

tgm1024 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2011
    Droid 4 --> headphone jack --> 3.5 to RCA conversion cable --> receiver --> speakers & sub.

I've been experimenting with a new home stereo subwoofer that performs very well when playing CD's.

But when playing mp3/320's from google music (google music is supposed to support that transfer when the recording is 320 and google music set at high quality), I'm not getting any sub woofer output. I don't believe that this is a problem with the mp3 recording itself----my sub crossover is dialed up to 160 Hz which is *more* than high enough to overlap with a recording.

So I was wondering if the output jack doesn't reach down to 160 hz. That I would find very surprising since it's only about 1 1/2 octaves below "Middle A" (which is 440 hz).

Advertisement

2. tgm1024

tgm1024 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2011
    Hmmmm......apparently it's working now.

I'm suspicious of this, but I'll be glad to call it a cockpit error for now. Perhaps I got lost in the various testing configs. Beats me.

Sorry all. {shrug}.