1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What is the latest version of Odin?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Matrix Leader, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader Android Enthusiast

I have Odin3 v1.85 and Odin3 v3.04

obviouslt the 3.04 is newer but when I google Odin I find the 1.85 version Im confused

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert

Matrix Leader likes this.
  3. Toosploos

Toosploos Well-Known Member

When i rooted last week i stumbled upon the same question. I chose 3.04 thinking it was newer. It works, but when you try to flash a rom it doesnt give you the option to backup. I re-rooted with 1.85 and everything was perfect.

Matrix Leader likes this.
  4. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader Android Enthusiast

Do I need to download and install the Samsung USB Drivers or those get already installed when I install KIES?

5. Toosploos

Toosploos Well-Known Member

It should download them autamatically when you connect with USB. Unless you are using a mac. In that case you're screwed cause the s3 has problems connecting via usb to mac (see the 231 threads in this forum).

6. Rolo42

Rolo42 Android Enthusiast

I recommend doing so. The Kies drivers didn't work with my wife's SIII on the same computer that worked with mine. Hers connected after I installed the regular Samsung USB drivers. Odd, that.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews