• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the new upgrade policy?

I seem to recall that Sprint has changed their upgrade policy (in April?).
Can anyone tell me what the new policy is? I seem to recall, that I cant get an upgrade every year anymore, but I don't remember what the details are.
Thanks

Before, if you were "Premier Silver", you got the full new-customer ($150 plus rebates) discount every year, on the main line of your plan. Now, only the new "Premier Gold" level gets that benefit. Silver now only gets the $150 every two years.

To be Gold, you have to be a Sprint customer for 10 years, or have a more expensive plan: $89.99/mo for a single line, $169.99/mo for a shared plan.

Reactions: mamiamjo
Upvote 0
Thats it, I am considered Silver now, even though my monthly cell bill is $180 for two line shared plan.:mad:
Of course that $180 includes the Hot Spot Feature, the $10 upcharge (for whatever the reason they charge you $10 more for EVO), TEP and taxes so it doesnt qualify for Gold (but I'm still paying that amount).

I dont know how long I have been with Sprint, it should be close to ten years though. Where can i find that out?

Upvote 0
Thats it, I am considered Silver now, even though my monthly cell bill is $180 for two line shared plan.:mad:
Of course that $180 includes the Hot Spot Feature, the $10 upcharge (for whatever the reason they charge you $10 more for EVO), TEP and taxes so it doesnt qualify for Gold (but I'm still paying that amount).

I dont know how long I have been with Sprint, it should be close to ten years though. Where can i find that out?

Plan price must be $90/170 before add ons (i.e. HotSpot) and tax to qualify for yearly upgrades, or 10 yrs of service. If you are close to 10 years, they may help you out (they did for me!!) Emai: Dan@Sprint.com you might get lucky.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones